Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

speed sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 06:25 AM
procell895c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speed sensors

HELP,,taller rims shorter tires, i had 15 in rims, i changed to 16 in rims ,but shorter tires now my o d is off,How can i fix this?

Old 07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: speed sensors

there is a programmer out there to correct this. I can't remember who makes it. What year and type of vehicle do you have? What type of rims and tires. sometimes you can find the proper rim tire combo that will match your orginal relatively close and your speedo won't be off so much. or possibly none at all

Old 07-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: speed sensors

So you have a set of 16" camaro rim on there now. What do you have for a tire size?

Really the only thing that is effected by the difference is your odometer and speedometer.

If it really bothers you, then yeah, you can buy a Hypertech Powertuner that'll allow you to compensate for different tire sizes and gear ratios. I have been told that some friendly dealerships can also do this for a fee (minimum 1hr labor) if you know someone, but I don't have any of those nice dealerships around me...