Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

tire alignment issues.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default tire alignment issues.

Replaced all the tie rods on my 91'. New ones was a tad longer then the oem's and it was dark so i managed to not get them close enough! took it around the block and It pulled slightly to the right. I figured id get it a alignment when i get my 1st paycheck next Thursday from my new job. Well,3 days later here i am with a badly worn right tire. Just the outside edge of the tire. in 3 days it went from 1/4 of tread to absolutely nothing but smooth black rubber. about a good 3 inches worth is gone. I drive 45 minutes one way to work,and im getting a 2 day pay this thursday. Anything i can do to fix this myself? I thought with outter sides of the tire is a toe issue? Not sure how a tie rod can affect that...but now i need front tires before i get a alignment.

Free new oem tie rods is now turning into a $100 problem.

Last edited by chris015; 11-08-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Not trying to come across as a smart @$$, but why would you do ANY front end work, knowing you would need an alignment and still drive it? You really should have waited until you had the bucks to get the alignment done immediately after replacing the tie rods.

Sorry, I know this doesn't help your situation. Best thing I can tell you that may help your situation is to extend the tie rod on the side with the worn tire as it connects to the bottom of the spindle. It may push out the bottom of the tire enough to get you to payday.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I know! I didnt have much of a choice,had worn tie rods and traded my middle console for a whole front end set new in box's with a guy.

Only reason i did this was it was my only ride and had no choice as i drive 45 min one way to work,and little money until payday. I just hoped it would last at least a week. I got tomorrow off so im going to take it to get it aligned after i ****** up 2 good used tires.