Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

TiReS AgAiN...!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Beginning Member
mahoney1988 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation TiReS AgAiN...!!!!!

Hey guys got another question since I have to turn to you guys since tire rack, discount tire direct and along with every wheel and tire store i can find locally has no clue about anything besides bone stock stuff..

I purchased american racing 15x7 rims with a 3.75 backspacing with a -17mm offset. I'm just wondering what is the biggest tire i can fit with out rubbing or trimming.. I have a 1997 Chevy Blazer 4x4 stock height. Any help would be appropriated i really need to know before Friday cuz that's when i need to order the tires for the rims... Thanks guys

Last edited by mahoney1988; 06-22-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

stock tire size without rubbing also with that backspacing i wouldnt buy new tires i would save the money for the suspension parts youll be going through.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Beginning Member

so 235/75 is the biggest...

Old 06-22-2009, 06:17 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

yes, if your new rims had stock specs you could do 30x9.50 but since you have such a low backpsace youll have to stick to the stock tire size.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yeah, see if you can swap out the rims for some with higher offset. We have 51mm of stock offset. You can always put your stock tires on the new rims now and see if there's still room to go to larger tires

Old 06-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Beginning Member

hey guys sorry to bring up a old post but just wanted to update you guys on this thread... I put the 15/7 rims on with the 3.75 with -17mm off set... It looks freakin sweet but i put the stock size tires on the rims they are cooper discover stt tires and they still rub a little when i turn real sharp but with a little binding or trimming i can get it to not rub.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:48 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

If you can, post up some pictures. Cooper STT are great

Old 06-27-2009, 09:54 AM
rafa.jrbarajas is on a distinguished road
Default oh

i had 31 /10.50 on mine and it was all stock so i dont know and i t was not rubbing at all

Old 06-27-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by rafa.jrbarajas
i had 31 /10.50 on mine and it was all stock so i dont know and i t was not rubbing at all
do you have any pics?? only zr2's can get away with 31's and no lift ive seen people have rubbing issue with 30's on a regular blazer with no lift, but maybe your blazer is an exception to the rule.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Beginning Member

hey guys i added 2 new pictures in my photo album of my new setup if anyone wants to check them out..

Quick Reply: TiReS AgAiN...!!!!!