Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

TruSpeed Speed Sensor Recalibrator? heard of it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 AM
GMdesigner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TruSpeed Speed Sensor Recalibrator? heard of it?

hey guys. Recently put 31x10 Mickey's on my '95 Blazer 4wd, 4.3l, then my motor blew up as did my trans, all at once. I now have a completely rebuilt motor and trans., and ran across this speedo recalibrator called theTruSpeed Speed Sensor Recalibrator.

It claims: "It corrects the speedometer/odometer readings (as well as other important speed-related vehicle functions) on most vehicles equipped with an electronic (non cable-driven) speedometer, the speed signal sent to the engine, powertrain, and anti-lock brake control modules. Besides the obvious, these modules affect fuel delivery, engine timing, and automatic transmission shift points. The module also eliminates speed signal related reductions in engine performance and fuel economy, as well as related changes in exhaust emissions." http://www.performancecenter.com/pro...ET/1995/Blazer

Does a '95 have an electronic speedo, or is it a cable/ analogtype? Has anyone heard of this, and if so, do they help at all? With a new motor and trans, I want to do everything I can to make it run properly with these much larger tires (which everyone cautions me about and of course tells me that is why my trans blew taking my motor with it) . Any help is appreciated.

Nick

Old 08-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: TruSpeed Speed Sensor Recalibrator? heard of it?

I would contact Superlift and ask about the use of that product in your application.

If you had a newer OBD2 vehicle, the tire size could be modified in the PCM to do the same thing.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM

so my blazer is not OBDII compliant?

Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

'95 was a transition year where the old OBD1 system was upgraded slightly, but did not make the full transition to OBD2. Commonly referred to as OBD1.5.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM

ok, good to know. Thanks. So if I am going to get let's say a cat. convert., and they ask if it is OBDII or not, should I say that it is in between and is refered to as OBD1.5? will most places know the difference? Speaking of which, and this is for a different category, if I do a cat., should I get a OEM spec (about $500) or will a universal suffice (about $225)?

Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Administrator

A direct fit Magnaflow should only be around $140 (check SummitRacing.com) or a bit more for the Catco direct fit. Both are stainless steel.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Heard of it yes.
Recalibrating your puter to proper tires size should be accomplished via the puter. In your year more then likley via a chip reprogram.
Yes your year truck is an electronic speedo.
Did it cause your tranny and engine to blow up, I have a hard time believeing that one. Sure it stresses the tranny and over time it will wear it out and lead to a rebuild. However taking out the tranny and the engine, I seriously doubt it. Lead to premature wear, yes. but blow them up, nah.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM

so are you recommending a chip reprogram? Any suggestions on which to get? I don't believe the tires or the one time I went off roading killed it either, but I think the tranny must have been near it's end, and these just sped up the process, and with the 3/4 clutch failure, it took the motor with it (also must have been close to it's demise)