Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wheel Spacers?

Old 07-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Beginning Member
maverick_4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel Spacers?

I have a 98 4d 4x4 and I love it but it has always kinda bugged me when I look at it cause it just seems like the wheels are sucked under the the body so far. I would like to add some width to the axles and I have seen these aluminum wheel spacers for about 50 buck a pair. They will supposedly push my wheels out about 2.5 inches. I am really tempted to get them but my question is, Is there any down side to using spacers? what kind of problems am I prone to have if I use them?

Old 07-14-2013, 10:51 PM
Starting Member
Blazn1 is an unknown quantity at this point

have some spacers I don't need if you want to buy them.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:44 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by maverick_4x4
I have a 98 4d 4x4 and I love it but it has always kinda bugged me when I look at it cause it just seems like the wheels are sucked under the the body so far. I would like to add some width to the axles and I have seen these aluminum wheel spacers for about 50 buck a pair. They will supposedly push my wheels out about 2.5 inches. I am really tempted to get them but my question is, Is there any down side to using spacers? what kind of problems am I prone to have if I use them?
Cheap spacers can break, crack and shear wheel studs off. There is also added stress to your wheel bearings and front end parts as you push the wheels out. You would be better off with new wheels but some guys do run spacers.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Moved to: Tires and Wheels

With the money you are going to spend on quality spacers you may as well pick up some new wheels with a little less BS. Then you get pretty new wheels and the wider stance you are looking for.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

I agree, most aftermarket wheels that will fit our trucks have an offset that will push the tires out about 2". Old Camaro wheels work very well too, and can be really cheap.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

That or a set of factory 2 wheel drive wheels help get rid of the fat guy with tiny feet look

Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

You might consider just spacers on the rear, also. On the 4x4s, the front axle is wider than the back. Might help the look by evening them up.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:50 PM
TStoddard is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazn1
have some spacers I don't need if you want to buy them.
I just saw your post in the forum. Did you end up selling the wheel spacers?

Old 02-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Steve-o will become famous soon enough

I have 1.25 inch spacers just on my rear, makes everything look nice now. picked up a set of 4 spacers from a local yard sale for $25 that a guy ran on his s10 pickup

Old 02-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Starting Member
Neb15 is on a distinguished road

Ive bean looking at the spacers online too because the rear stance I wanted to even out. I have found a few pairs that had a center ring to make them hub centric. for say 1-1.5" on the rear is this something i should worry about?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers?