Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

??Wheel & Tire Combo??

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 06:21 AM
Beginning Member
$CR33D$ is on a distinguished road
Default ??Wheel & Tire Combo??

I'm new to the site, but have searched through many threads and have not found a solid answer. Which is why I am posting my own.

I want to put 15x8" Cragar Soft 8's with a 4" offset and wrap them with 31x10.5-15 General AT-2's.

1) How bad are they going to rub with stock suspension?

2) If I install a 2" body lift, will it correct the problem?

3) What other modifications are neccessary in order to fit this combo w/out rubbing?

4) Which body lifts do you guys use?

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by $CR33D$; 05-29-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Really depends on the size of the tires...

Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Beginning Member

Sorry, forgot that this morning. I edited it...31x10.5-15

Old 05-29-2009, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

1) Bad

2) No, but will help

3) Lots of trimming

4) PA or BDS

Old 05-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks AJ. Is there a better wheel and tire combo that you would recommend me going with?

To other members who have the described set up, what modifications where neccessary to fit the set up without rubbing?

Like I asked AJ, is there a more popular set-up that you guys are going with?

Thanks, Creed

Old 05-29-2009, 01:11 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you should be able to away with 31's if you find a rim that has the same backspacing as your stock rim (6") and you add a 2" body lift.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Beginning Member

What are you running on your blazer mikeinwi?

Do you know of any decent black wheels with a 6" offset?

Old 05-29-2009, 03:43 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

im going the other direction with my blazer(lowered) so i dont really worry about trying to fit 31's, but check out summitracing.com for wheels i just looked a few up quick and it looks like they dont have any wheels with 6" bacspacing, but they have a few with 5.5"BS and those will work just fine.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member

Do u have any experience installing lift kits and oversize tires on early model blazers? Or know of people with a similiar set-up? I mean we're talking a least a grand to do this so I'm trying to find a straight answer, not "that should work." No offense, but I'm sure you understand.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:53 PM

this setup should be nowhere near a grand unless your having a shop install the body lift for you, im not sure if you have a 1st or 2nd gen blazer but body lifts are cheaper for the 1st gens and the 1st gens have a 3" body lift compared to the 2" body lift avalible for 2nd gens. if you have a few buddies to lend a hand you should be able to knock out the body lift install in a few hours or at the very most a weekend, and i said the the wheels with 5.5" backspace should work because a 6" backspace will fit no problem so that extra .5" sticking shouldnt cause problems but at the most youll have to trim the lower valance a bit. if you have a 1st gen and go with the 3" lift you will have no problems with 31's even with 5.5" backspacing,you can even retrofit the 3" lift on a 2nd gen youll just have to fab your own bumper brackets to raise the bumpers. the reason i said 31's "should" fit with a 2" lift is beacuse every blazer is different but 99% of the time it work with a wheel with 6" or even 5.5" of BS. now i know im more into the lowering scene but i do have a good amount of knowledge on lifting blazers and if i didnt know what i was talking about i wouldnt give you advice and potentionaly steer you in the wrong direction and if you look at the albums on the top of the forum page youll find plenty of blazers with body lifts.

Quick Reply: ??Wheel & Tire Combo??