Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wht tires do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Hollythumper is on a distinguished road
Default Wht tires do I need?

I am wanting to buy new tires for my blazer.... I would like to put some decent mud tires on it, but I am on a limited budget..... Any suggestions? Also, I'd like to put a slight lif on my blazer, what size of lift will allow me to put bigger tires on it?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

if you do 2 inch lift you can put 31 10.5 15s on it

it all depends all terrains are good in the mud also and a bit lighter on the wallet

Id wait for other members to chime in they possibly have better ideas then i do

Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yeah, a 2 inch body lift and some fender trimming and you can clear 31s. You sure you wouldn't rather go with a/t's instead of m/t's? Most mud terrains ride rough and it will wear out sooner unless it is a dedicated off roader. A/t's are more on road friendly, probably won't make as much noise, and will last a little bit longer than m/t's.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

hell yea the mud terrains I bought for my dads truck are great in all types of soft stuff

but dam the truck rides like a tank ..... lol

Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 AM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

If you want a M/T that rides like a A/T then i would get the goodyear DuraTrac. they are a really nice tire and they are about 160$ a tire for 31's on tire rack. so they arent horrible for a M/T. I believe they are the only M/T tire rated for snow as well.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
hell yea the mud terrains I bought for my dads truck are great in all types of soft stuff

but dam the truck rides like a tank ..... lol
Hey, that's Chevy's new slogan. Chevy.... Built like a Tank! lol. If they had a slogan that said Chevy.... Rides like a Tank! I think we would all be in trouble. Can you say back problems?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Hollythumper is on a distinguished road

Well,I would consider all terrains but I really like the sound of the mud tires on the pavement. I want my tires to talk, so to speak... But I would be inteested in either....I want a bigger tire than what came on it. Im driving my husband crazy trying to get a lift and bigger tires.. Thanks for the help, Im going to talk to him about all of it... Hopefully he will decided to let me get what I want.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Starting Member
j89lumaye is on a distinguished road

treadwright.com
^cheap tires, mud or all terrains. i figured it out, you pay less for 4 tires and shipping then you do for the 4 plus shipping from tire rack
Yes, they might be retreads, but ive seen lots of tires come from here and balance fine and not have problems with them

Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 PM
BF Guru

arent those rethreads ? just wondering

Old 02-06-2012, 11:47 PM
97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about97cherryblazer has a spectacular aura about

I was also thinking about re treads but ive just heard sooo many bad things about them. I made a post about them a while back asking for opinions and everyone said the same thing, they didnt like the idea. i havent really heard any problems with car/truck tire retreads just the obvious big rig retreads are where the horror stories come from. so i really dont know

Edit: Well i just did a little research on the safety or retreads and found this article from WSDOT that completely contradicts the common myth of retreads. the retreads are sounding more convincing after reading that.
Heres another
And another
And another

Long story short, it looks like the horror stories about retreads are complete myths. and for the tree lovers out there, retreads are much more environmentally friendly. new on average supposedly takes 20 gallons of oil to make and a retread takes 7 gallons (as stated in one of the articles)

Hmmmm. Thoughts?

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 02-07-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Wht tires do I need?