Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wider wheels? Spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:27 PM
dustinhxc is on a distinguished road

Just ordered the Pro Comp Xtreme Rock Crawler 52 Wheels! Trying to make them drop ship instead of ship to Summit Should have them on within a week!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:20 PM

So heres my question. Now Ill have 15x8 4.5" BS and 30 x 9.5" x 15 bfg at tires.
Will my stance be any wider? Here are some options. 1.5" for rear only.
.5" for front 2" for rear.
1" for front 2.5" for rear. I dont plan to lift it any time soon. in the future maybe 2" lift and then get 31 x 10.5 but for now which would be best id like to go as wide as i can.
1.5" for rear only.
.5" for front 2" for rear.
1" for front 2.5" for rear.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Nice choice!! Be sure to post pics please.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Nice choice!! Be sure to post pics please.
Thanks to you man! I will

Old 05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

With the new wheels you're already going to be 1.5" wider, which will put your tires approximately even with your fenders, or slightly outside the fenders. I'd suggest waiting to get spacers until after you have the rims mounted with tires to see how you feel about the new stance. Then if you still want to go wider get the spacers at that point. I'm going to guess that you'll like it with just the new rims and only want the spacers for the rear to even it out with the front.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
With the new wheels you're already going to be 1.5" wider, which will put your tires approximately even with your fenders, or slightly outside the fenders. I'd suggest waiting to get spacers until after you have the rims mounted with tires to see how you feel about the new stance. Then if you still want to go wider get the spacers at that point. I'm going to guess that you'll like it with just the new rims and only want the spacers for the rear to even it out with the front.
That sounds great! I was trying to figure out with the backspacing and what not if it would be out further or not. That would be great for the front and the rear i wanted to originally do 2.5 or 3" so a 1.5" in the rear only would be the perfect stance! But yes Ill wait till I mount them. Thanks!

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM

Put the Rock Crawlers on and the tires rub now since the wheel is wider than the stock. But only behind the tire when I turn. But the Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift is on the way so should have that on by Tuesday Id hope. My black grille should be here today or tomorrow and I put stainless steel bolts on the license plates. My 1.5" Spacers for the rear should be here by Tuesday..

Last edited by dustinhxc; 05-31-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Me likey!!!!

Old 05-31-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by rexmburns
Me likey!!!!
Thanks man! All the inspiration came from you! haha But yeah once the spacers, rough country 2.5" lift, and black grille are on it will look amazing... Im hoping by Tuesday.

Also.. I never liked the silver trim going around the truck but with the blacked out wheels i think it matches the lugs good. I like it..

Old 06-04-2012, 01:24 PM

The 2.5" Suspension Lift and Rear Wheel Spacers are going on now. Also Swapping the 30x9.5s for some 31x10.5s BFG ATs

Quick Reply: Wider wheels? Spacers?