Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

will these fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 PM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default will these fit?

so i want to know if these will fit on my stock blazer...im going to give it a 1.5inch t-bar crank, 2 inch shackles and a 2inch BL. but i want to know if these will fit on my stock axle...same bolt pattern as my stocks?

Series 152, Size is 15X7 , Bolt Pattern is 5X4.5, Finish is Black, Back Spacing is 3.75 - Rock Crawler Series 152 15" - Off R.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:07 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: will these fit?

No, bolt pattern does not match. Our bolt pattern is 5x4.75. Those are 5x4.5. Also the backspacing might be cutting it. I'm sure others will low backspacing will chime in.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

3.75 of backspacing will eat hub assemblies and really put a strain on your power steering. I've developed a nasty power steering groan since putting on my 4.5' backspaced rims, I'm just waiting till after finals and we'll see if a switch to Royal Purple power steering fluid helps

Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

wrong bolt pattern.

add a quart of Lucas power steering fix.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:08 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

think that would fix the issue with no need to switch to synthetic?

Old 05-02-2008, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

the groan is generally strain. Could be due to low fluid level, or poor lub properties inte h pump.
price em out and see which way you want to go.
Power steering pump only holds liek 2 quarts of fluid, so it should be that much in cost, howver drainign the power steering might be another issue.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:39 PM

thanks everyone. does anyone know where i can find some pretty inexpensive rock crawler rims with some sore of backspacing that will fit my blazer?

these ones will right?

Series 152, Size is 15X7, Bolt Pattern is 5X4.75, Finish is Black, Back Spacing is 3.75 - Rock Crawler Series 152 15" - Off R.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran

Get THESE instead. Same rim, just in the 4.5' backspacing, so you'll save your hubs/bearings/steering.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:27 PM

i have a kind of stupid question....if 3.75 inches will destry everything then why will 4.5 be okay?

Old 05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran

not a stupid question.

Backspacing is the distance from the mounting face of the rim (where the rim touches the flat surface of the brake rotor, on the outside of the axle), to the back edge of the rim. So a stock blazer that is 4x4 has 6' of backspacing. This means the backside of the rim is very deep. If you get a rim with 4.5' of backspacing, the rim is 1.5' shallower on the backside than a stock rim. A 3.75' backspaced rim is 2.25' shallower on the backside (meaning your wheel sticks out 2.25' wider!)

The rim pretty much acts like a lever the farther out you go. If you went with a rim having 0' of backspacing (lawn mower wheels?), all the weight of the vehicle is very far away from the center of the axle. This makes the force GREATER on the center of the axle (differential). The effect is the same on the wheel bearings and ball joints, but not as extreme of an increase like the differential would see.

ERGO....the closer you stick to stock spec's, the better it is for the vehicle. Keep the backspacing closer to 6', but still giving you the wide stance look that you want, and you'll be fine

Quick Reply: will these fit?