Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Will this tire/rim combo work on my Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Starting Member
Yooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will this tire/rim combo work on my Blazer?

I got a friend willing to part with a sweet set of tires and rims that he was running on his Jeep Cherokee. Are the bolt patterns the same? Will I be able to run that on my ride? The rubber is 265/65/R15, if the rims won't work will the rubber fit my stock rims??? Sorry if these questions are lame, I am just fairly unversed when it comes to tires. I just buy what I was previously running when I need new rubber.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Will this tire/rim combo work on my Blazer?

Bolt patterns are different. Ours is 5 x 4.75, not sure of the Jeep but it is not the same. Tires will fit on your stock wheels. Height will be pretty darn near identical to 235/75/15 if that is what you have stock. If you have 235/70/15 as stock size then the new tires will be ever so slightly bigger. What you would have to worry about most would be the width. 265 is 30 mm wider than 235 which equals out to close to 1.25 inches wider. You MAY have some rubbing issues at full lock due to width. Again, height-wise you would be fine.

All tire size comparisons were found by using THIS utility.