Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

ZR2 rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by burningsun
yeah those RC front control arms make the front wider.
How much wider? I would think new lower control arms would be needed to make it wider. Plus when cranking the torsion bars, that will bring the CV's down and in making it slightly more narrow.

I've been planning to get 32x11.5 once I finish my lift but I'd be afraid of it rubbing against the frame so a wider wheel base might help. Wheels with a lower offset would help too but then I'd run into rubbing problems on the edge of the fender...

Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Beginning Member
gingerbreadman is on a distinguished road
Default spacers?

Originally Posted by bandidolenny
Yep, you just answered your own question. I actually went with wider wheels and spacers in the rear.
Hi. Sorta new on here and have been reading lots on here trying to learn more about 4x4ing as I now too have a Blazer ZR2. I've been told to try not to add spacers if at all possible. Try to get close to as possilbe the correct rim size. The Blazer has a 6" BS and most steel rims are around the 4". What are your thoughts on using spacers? Is it safe?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gingerbreadman
Hi. Sorta new on here and have been reading lots on here trying to learn more about 4x4ing as I now too have a Blazer ZR2. I've been told to try not to add spacers if at all possible. Try to get close to as possilbe the correct rim size. The Blazer has a 6" BS and most steel rims are around the 4". What are your thoughts on using spacers? Is it safe?
I ran 2" wheel spacers on the rear of my S10 blazer for years with 31's and I believe that they are safe on the rear... but I would not install them on the front due to the steering/cornering stresses involved. Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Beginning Member
c_mcintosh is on a distinguished road

i have my 97 blazer and ive wanted to make it look like a Zr2 as much as possible as well! i got rid off the old rims and got the Zr2 rims and put 31/10.5's on em instead of the stock 29"s, and the 31"s rubbed on the frame when turning. so now im running with 1.75" spacers and they no longer rub against the frame and are even with the stock fenders. Ive looked into the Zr2 fenders and they are hard to come by in good condition, and becasue my blazer is a 4 door the rear flares would need cutting :'(. the reason for the Zr2's natural wide stance and lift is because of the 4" wider axels and 3 inch suspension increase from stock running on 31"s. Even with my 3" suspension lift though when wheels are cranked they hit the inner fender when compression occurs. this is y i am gonna install the 2 inch body lift for that extra travel room. once that is installed the blazer will have a roughly combined lift of 5 inches then just need sound and bars.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

This thread is still alive?