Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Closing a Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Closing a Thread

I was just curious, how the older threads are closed? Is it by date/time frames?

I was searching in the older cb threads and found some very useful information but couldnt drop a thanks to the person in the thread...

I found that an optimum way to mount a cb antenna is the firestik door jamb kit.

Just curious, I know mods can close threads but was wondering if there was a time limit to respond to a thread before it closes?

Thanks.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If I'm not mistaken I believe a lot of the older threads that transferred over when the forum crashed a few years ago were automatically and inadvertently locked. I think they just never got unlocked again. If you find a thread you need opened you can always PM a mod for that forum and get them to unlock it, as long as it wasn't locked by one of us for a reason (which should be stated in the last post)

Old 03-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, it was a decision made by the staff to close threads older than a year. This was done about 6 months or so ago and hasn't been done since. While it likely closed good threads, for every good thread, there were a TON of other threads that were not so good. This was done to try to stop people posting in one post threads and/or in threads so old that the majority of the people were no longer active.

If you find a thread that has good/useful information in it, link to it in a current thread on the subject or in any one of the 'Useful Threads' stickied at the top of each forum section.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I spent beaucoup days closing all threads without a post dated after 12-31-08.