Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Deleting account - no Blazer anymore

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2020, 10:31 AM
Starting Member
user 31881 is on a distinguished road
Default Deleting account - no Blazer anymore

I joined this forum years ago because my son had a Blazer vehicle, but he no longer has it so I want to delete my account on the website. How do I do that?

Old 12-11-2020, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I would also like to know. Seems impossible.

Old 12-12-2020, 12:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

In most cases across most forums, deleting of accounts is not typically done. This is primarily due to the loss of continuity in old posts from those users. Users with low to no post count are of limited consequence, but members that have contributed considerably to the forum would have their username replaced by 'deleted user' or some such tag depending on the software setup and method of deletion.

The preferred method of users deactivating themselves is to simply turn off all forms of email notifications in their 'User CP'. Alternatively or in conjunction with this change, you can use an alternate email address with your account in case there was a setting that was missed.

From the administrative side, we can remove your email address from your account page and change your username to something non-descript which will deactivate your account. I have done so on both of your accounts.

When I get a chance to be around a computer again I will move this thread to the 'Website Problems & Suggestions' section.