Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Notification even though i've already viewed the thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road
Default Notification even though i've already viewed the thread

thought it would be better posting this up instead of pm a bunch of mods. in the past hr its done this twice. you view the threads you've subscibed to and then you go comment on another post. then you come back and in you user cp all the threads are bolded even though you were the last post and no one else has commented. its not just one or two its all, just thought i let you guys know. anyone else having this problem?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:41 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

sometimes that indicates theree are un-read posts. even though you were the last post, sometimes others post while you have the window up and are typing...

i just chock it up to that and roll on

Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Are you refreshing the page each time?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:13 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Can't say I've ever used the subscribed feature lol, so no it's never happened to me. I have had it happen a lot with the "New Posts" option though. I'm the last person to comment in the thread, but it's bolded and shows as new. Not sure if it's a forum glitch or an issue with refreshing the browser.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i have it happen frequently, but just chalked it up to the same thing as Curtis had said.

and Alex, what is the "subscribed feature"? i've noticed a few members saying that, "i've subscribed now". when ever i've post a response to a thread, i've always been updated whenever a new reply has been posted.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i consider subcribing as adding a new reply, yeah i know there is a button for that, thought i'd clear that up.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Some forums are different I've found. This one used to be much worse. After visiting or viewing topics it took a long *** time for it to be acknowledged. It's better now though.