Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Premium member option?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 11:40 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I'm with Swartlkk. Time is money, this site takes a lot of my time, and it doesn't give me money! Why would I want to give it my time and money!!

I do understand the suggestion though. It is a concept on most forums.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:38 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who says this should be a pay site guys? It should'nt be mandatory, but optional would be nice I feel. The high up's get paid from ad's and the such. I think the mods should get paid from donating members. Cause this site would be NOTHING without them. We'll it would be something, but probley not as inviting and hospitable as it is today.

Maybe special offers from the advertiser's on the site. PM'd to the donating members from time to time. A simple "-donator-" bar like others have mentioned would work. Alot of people seem to like the ranking system, like the senior member, veteran member, etc. Who says there has to be a reward for being a donating member? Maybe letting the mods split the $$$ from the donating members should be enough of a reward to encourage it.

Mods have alot of research and time invested into the site. They put up with us bending and trashing rules that we might not have read and handle it with understanding. They put up with newbs answering the same questions everyday, (kiddin ). They go through the good and bad just like us. Although they can't walk away from or ignore the forum when they want. They have a responcibility.

Plus remember the old saying, "Tipping isn't a town in Korea". Just my thought on this. Then agian the owner company would probley dip into the donation funds and the mods might not even recieve it. I'd be willing to donate even if there was no way of others knowing about it. Just for the simple fact that maybe a mod got a couple bucks to buy a coffee while they are up late at night keeping us heathens/newbs in line would be a nice gesture to me.