Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Problem accessing forum

Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Beginning Member
Mikeinnh is on a distinguished road
Default Problem accessing forum

I'm posting this from my notebook. For the past several days I have been unable to access the forum from my desktop. When I try to open the site, I get a page with the "Blazer Forum . Com" header and the ads at the top of the page, but nothing else. I usually also get a "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site. Operation aborted." error message. I have not changed any settings, or did any updates. Any suggestions?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Beginning Member

I just realized I did change something. A few days ago I attempted to add a signature via the control panel, but it wouldn't show up. Now I see it's showing up......related??

Old 04-29-2011, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I've been experiencing the same thing. There's got to be some sort of technical problem because I know a couple of people have asked me the same thing over the past few days/weeks.

Unfortunately, the people that own the site don't seem to pop in and check on things very often. Hopefully everything should be resolved soon

Your signature should have no effect on it. If you made a few posts before adding the signature, then those posts won't show it. Any posts made after the addition should have it (unless you've changed it to not display by default or unchecked the "show your signature" box further down below the "submit/preview" buttons.)

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah....I couldn't imagine what adding the signature would have to do with it. Only that I hadn't had any problems prior. Unrelated, I guess.
Ft. Worth,huh? I lived in rural Denton county (Ponder) for 22 years. Still miss it at times.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 PM
rodono is on a distinguished road

i got the same problem the site doesnt load or just a blank page here. ive been getting it for over a week now

Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect we have had a server issue going on. It happens once in a while.
Originally Posted by Mikeinnh
...Ft. Worth,huh? I lived in rural Denton county (Ponder) for 22 years...
My dad was born on a farm outside Ponder back in 1912. Just a curiosity footnote: In the movie 'Ishtar', Warren Beatty's character was from Ponder,TX.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Beginning Member

Well, the problem remains unresolved. Is there anyone that can be contacted?

Originally Posted by rriddle3
My dad was born on a farm outside Ponder back in 1912. Just a curiosity footnote: In the movie 'Ishtar', Warren Beatty's character was from Ponder,TX.
Concerning Beatty and Ponder.....a few scenes from "Bonnie and Clyde" were shot in Ponder. They robbed the old Ponder bank for the movie. The bank building was actually housed the Ponder Boot Company when I lived there. They did alot of scenes for that movie in North Central Texas.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, when they filmed there Beatty was quite impressed with the Ranchman Cafe and took the crew there for lunch while they were filming in that area. I suspect it was his idea to use Ponder for his 'Ishtar' character's home.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Beginning Member

Well, I don't know what was done, but I am able to read this forum from my desktop computer once again. Thanks!