Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

ROTM Suggestion - Hidden Poll Results

Old 10-10-2009, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Voted! Good luck all.
And Kyle - have you ever thought about hiding the results like GMTF does? It makes the ROTM more exciting IMO since you have no idea who is winning...keeps the suspense

Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk View Post
And Kyle - have you ever thought about hiding the results like GMTF does? It makes the ROTM more exciting IMO since you have no idea who is winning...keeps the suspense
Booooooooo

Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Voted! Good luck all.
That's a good idea.... I like

BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by okvortec View Post
Booooooooo
lol..I take it you don't like that Martin? I think it's great...but that's just me.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:15 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Haha I'm not a fan but it really doesn't matter to me!!

Old 10-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that is done through an add-on. I'll have to see if we can get something like that loaded. It isn't as simple here as it is on GMTF for things like that.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:20 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by swartlkk View Post
I believe that is done through an add-on. I'll have to see if we can get something like that loaded. It isn't as simple here as it is on GMTF for things like that.
Interesting..I thought we ran on the same platform. Oh well, I was just throwing the idea out there.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting..I thought we ran on the same platform. Oh well, I was just throwing the idea out there.
Both sites run vBulletin, but I do not see that vBulletin allows this behavior in its standard configuration. There are add-ons that you can load that modify the behavior. But this is a little off topic... I will definitely look into it.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Administrator

I split this discussion off into a new topic in the Help & Suggestions Center.

I have found the add-on and have asked Patrick to look into getting it added.

Last night I was trying to see if there was a ranked poll type add-on that would work for the chop shop contests and the way that those polls are run.

It would be neat if there were an add-on where you could rank the nominees 1-x (where x is the number of nominees). If there are 5 nominees, the nominee ranked 1st gets 5 points, 2nd gets 4, 3rd gets 3, 4th - 2, & 5th - 1. The points get tallied up and the winner determined by maximum number of points. This would mix things up a bit because you could be #2 on everyone's ranking and win if the #1 spot bounced around a lot.

I don't know, just a thought. Discussion?

Old 10-14-2009, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran

I like that idea...Is there an add on like that though?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ROTM Suggestion - Hidden Poll Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.