Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

SUGGESTION: Chat box

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

It could work, and it would be cool. Do the 100 post limit before you can access it.

I see both sides both pro and con. We pretty much mind our P's and Q's and if we don't we get by big brothers like Swartlkk and rriddle3. I don't see how it could get too out of hand when you can't even double post in a thread without Kyle waggin' his finger at ya, (no offence, good moderators is a good thing .)

Plus we have a "gentle manner" about us that runs off less than savory characters...

Old 07-15-2010, 07:32 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

All good points.

The chat box is pretty much a "shout" box at the same time. Messages stay in the box until they get "pushed out" of the box... ... it only stores so many messages at a time.

I can see how it would be very difficult to moderate though... Most people hang out in threads and that's the focus of the moderator's attention, I don't see how or why they'd sit there for hours on end watching the chat box for someone to go all racist or trolling... it'd be easy to miss as a result.

This is where we should have a system in place as far as blocking out profanities with ****'s and if someone starts breaking rules, we the upstanding members of this forum should report it... depending on the circumstances of course. Sometime's people get into pissing contests, and I don't see the need for a mod to step in if things can be cooled down by others.

As far as reporting... there should be a link in the "notification" area of the chatbox titled something like "How to report rule breakers"... or "Copy, Paste, Ban-Hammer" lol

Last edited by oktain; 07-15-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I love the idea. And I'm sure us regulars could keep everything to a dull roar!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:09 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
This is where we should have a system in place as far as blocking out profanities with ****'s and if someone starts breaking rules, we the upstanding members of this forum should report it... depending on the circumstances of course. Sometime's people get into pissing contests, and I don't see the need for a mod to step in if things can be cooled down by others.

As far as reporting... there should be a link in the "notification" area of the chatbox titled something like "How to report rule breakers"... or "Copy, Paste, Ban-Hammer" lol

and those were some more good points Pat.

hmmmm..............maybe we could put Pat in charge of the "shat box"-oops! i mean "chat box".

lord knows i'd luv to bitch to him about someone spouting off or BS'ing.

i jest.

Old 07-16-2010, 09:04 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lmao... I'd probably need to become a Moderator for that

Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oktain
lmao... I'd probably need to become a Moderator for that
BANAMMER!!!! lol... jstkddng...

Old 07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

i'd love a chat thingy lol...mind u i can cuss like a bear with a sore ....butt....lol..but i'd do my best to control it..i'm fairly docile in chats either way ..unless some one peeves me..then i just walk away lol...or leave LOL...yah..sounds like a good time though..instead of our means of ..."communication"...now lol..i find it out dated :P

Old 07-19-2010, 01:19 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

How could Pat be a mod? He doesn't even own a Blazer anymore....

joking. So uh... yeah is this thing maybe gaining momentum? Kinda like a Twitter for Blazer drivers. Like a... Blitter? (Then agian scrap that, I'm sure that would violate a copyright in the hands of a good lawyer for them.)

Old 07-19-2010, 07:25 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
How could Pat be a mod? He doesn't even own a Blazer anymore....
Didn't trade my "knowledge" in with it though. I still wish I knew as much about my fullsize that I did my Blazer.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:37 AM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

lol, I know more about the fullsize trucks than my Blazer. I guess it's a sign.

Quick Reply: SUGGESTION: Chat box