Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Starting Member

grn97gtp is on a distinguished road
Default Another 4WD issue

I just recently received a 99 blazer with 4 button 4wd drive. The 4wd drive does absoultey nothing. No indicator lights on 4x4 switch what so ever. no blinking or anything. cant here anything wanting to do anything at the transfer case or by the pass kick panel either. Been searching through numerous posts and have not found any thing the states similar issues. Testing the switch I came up with these results

No button pushed 9.09kohms thats what im seeing

4 Low button pushed 2.345kohm Im getting 2.346kohm

2 high button pushed 1.156kohm thats what im seeing

Auto 4wd button pushed 64 ohms Im getting 64.5ohms

does being of by that much indicate a bad switch

I dont want to purchase a new switch when im unsure if what i have is a bad switch
Thanks in advance
Steve
Old 05-24-2012, 07:42 PM

LannyL81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you explain in more detail what it is you are testing? The resistance measurements are between what two points?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

If nothing is lighting up in the switch, that would indicate a problem with either the TCCM itself or the power/ground to the TCCM.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Starting Member

Thanks for the quick response. Ill def check that out. cant beat a free blazer now to work all the bugs out
Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough
the arch

what swartlkk said...i had a similar issue.
the connectors at the tccm had corrosion on them.
it took two tries but i finally have them all cleaned up and it works great....just in time for summer.

BUILD: OPERATION WARTHOG
XBOXLIVE TAG ALBUM PHOTOBUCKET
Old 05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Starting Member

all the connecter at the tccm seemed to look clean no corrosion, put a little dielectric grease on them still no change. gonna check to see if the module is getting power if it is, I have to assume the tccm is junk
Old 05-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Don't forget to check the grounds to the TCCM as well. Anything electrical needs both a power & ground to complete the circuit.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:07 PM

Closed Thread