2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Can't find the TCCM

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
cyberdog is on a distinguished road
Default Can't find the TCCM

I aswell have problems with my 4x4 not engaging on my 1996 Blazer ( Bought it a week ago ) . Have changed a few of the vacum lines and will change the rest soon and also check the cable to the front axle.

When i push either 4hi or 4lo the lights just flash a few times and nothing happens. Guessing it means the sensor on the front axle doesnt sense that the front is engaged and therefor just flashes a few times and the goes back to 2Hi ?

I can hear some relay klicking under the dash and also the motor on the T-case making some sound. The Encoder motor just sounds like its turning around fast and nothing happens. Is it supposed to sound more that just turning around or ?

Forgott to say that when i push either 4lo or 4hi the motor on the t-xase runs for a few seconds. How long is it supposed to stay on ?

Theese problems started for the previous owner when he was going to put in 4hi when it was really cold but nothing happened.

Last edited by cyberdog; 01-20-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 AM

Trying to locate the the TCCM and have so faar located theese 2 things but cant figure out what they are. One is locate on the passengers side kick panel and other under the dash on the drivers side.

ANy of those the TCCM and if not what are they ?

Also wondering what this black thing is thats missing a cable. Guessing its the handbrake sensor ??

Old 01-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The module behind the passenger side kick panel is the TCCM (as stated in MANY posts on the subject). However, the part number on that module you show comes back as an air bag control module... The TCCM should be bolted to the truck behind this panel and have two plugs on it.

The other module is the RKE (remote keyless entry) module.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:39 AM

I know the TCCM ( as stated alot of times ) is supposed to behind the panel. Problem is thats nothing behind that panel. Only the Air Bag Controll thats fastened on the panel itself. Is the TCCM a big box and what does it look like ?

ALso when i remove the buttonpanel for 4x4 i that the cables go to the left ( drivers side of the car ). WOnder if this car has been built by some blind ppl and they relocated everything

Any idea what the black thing with the copper colored connector is thats missing a cable?

POssible to get the RKE to work ? Atm i only have the key to the car. Didnt get anything when i bought it.

Last edited by cyberdog; 01-21-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The RKE is an entirely different topic and since this is not your thread, we will not go into that here.

*EDIT* Check that... I just moved all of your posts from the original thread into a thread of your own. Discuss whatever you'd like.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:57 PM

Anyone got an idea where i can find my TCCM ? Since its not where its supposed to be on a -96 Blazer ( behind the passenger side kick panel ) i am hoping someone has the same problem....

Old 01-22-2010, 05:30 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

um... not to be a smart *** BUT if you do not have a tccm in the tccm spot... how does your 4wd work for you? is it responsive. is it grippy? are you sure that thing is a 4wd.... ?

the in-dash tccm went away with the 1st gens so yours is where it should be, or it's not, and your in some trouble.

try unplugging the *thing* that lives where your TCCM should be. do the lights still light up when you start it?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Administrator

I suppose it may be possible that it is in the center of the dash light the first gens... Shouldn't be, but weirder things have happened before.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ABN31B
um... not to be a smart *** BUT if you do not have a tccm in the tccm spot... how does your 4wd work for you? is it responsive. is it grippy? are you sure that thing is a 4wd.... ?

the in-dash tccm went away with the 1st gens so yours is where it should be, or it's not, and your in some trouble.

try unplugging the *thing* that lives where your TCCM should be. do the lights still light up when you start it?
Well i know the car is 4x4 since it has a transfer case and axle going to the front

But i havent got it to work yet since i need to change one vacum line yet and also check the vacum switch on the TC.

The TCCM isnt where its supposed to be on a 1996 so started to think this is older ? How do i know what year this car is? I Live in Sweden and this car was imported by some guy in 1999 so cant be sure about the papers...

Old 01-23-2010, 06:38 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

check the vin.

or better yet, open the door and read the sticker (d side)

if it's a 95 he's trying to pass off as a 96, AND it's an early modle 95 then it is possible that the TCCM might live in the dash.... worth a check

Quick Reply: Can't find the TCCM