2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member
geekdagr8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default seafoam

i ran seafoam through my blazer today 2000 chevy blazer...how long does it need to run throguh before i change my oil....i bought 2 cans...put about a third through oil....third through throttle body...and about two thirds of a can in my gas tank....i wanna run the mystery oil through it to...do i need to change the oil now and then the mystery oil...let me know...im a noob...lol

Old 05-07-2006, 03:59 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: seafoam

DON"T MIX THE TWO products together use one or the other because you will be spending lots of money on 1. oil changes 2. the two products do essentially the same thing. If they get mixed in the oiling system (which is sure to happen) there is no way to know how the different formulas will react to each other in those amounts.

Change your oil after one tank full that should be long enough to be efficient. Some people have recomended 500 miles but I personally think that may be overkill.

READ THE PRODUCT DIRECTIONS to be sure though!!!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Beginning Member

yeah i havent mixed them..lol....i always use the girlfriends car for the science expierments...lol...i was just wondering how many miles to put on the car before oil change

Old 05-08-2006, 03:25 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well since I don't have a can at the computer or in the car I would guess at between 250-500 miles before your oil change. I have not tried the seafoam in the oil yet since I just did the oil change on a spur at a friends house. But if you do a search on this forum for seafoam you should find a thread that will answer your question. I am just going on memory from a thread that I believe was posted on this forum.

Since the Seafoam also has a website you may find the answer there, just to a google search on seafoam.

I did put a can in the gas tank of my 2000 Blazer and it helped to clean my injectors a little, reduced a lopping idle. It still lopes a little but now I have to figure out what is making it do it. Only does it when the A/C compressor kicks in at idle if I have the fan switch either on A/C or the two defrost settings since in defrost the A/C is used to keep condensation in the cabin area to a minimum.

Good luck in finding the answer that will satisfy your question.

Old 05-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Never have used Seafoam in the oil, but if I ever did, it would be a whole bottle and it would only be in for ~200 miles. If done right before an oil change, I would simply pull the filter and screw on a new purolator (cheap but good). Then toss the whole bottle down into the crankcase and drive it for another day or two. Then do an oil change like normal. Main reason why I would replace the filter is because you have no idea how much crap might be loosened up by the treatment and you don't want to overburden a used filter. Plus, by removing the filter, you are freeing up the necessary space for a full can of treatment so as not to overfill the oil level.

I generally use an entire bottle in the gas and one through the intake (2/3rds through the PCV hose first and 1/3 down through the TB). But I like Chevron w/ Techron better in the fuel. I think it does a better job of cleaning the injectors. I use a large bottle through each one of my vehicles at every oil change.

Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Beginning Member

thanks for the info guys