Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Navigation wiring help - GM wiring guru needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:54 PM
speedhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Navigation wiring help - GM wiring guru needed

Hi,

I have a 2003 Blazer, and have installed an AC Delco navigation unit into it. I am not sure what the nav unit came out of though. The unit turns on, gets radio starions, reads the nav disc. It retains the clock info, so it is getting constant power.
Things it doesn't do...

It does not stay on for 20 mins after the ignition is turned off.
It does not dim when the dash lights are dimmed.
The navigation does not navigate (tired 2 different antennas)

When I had the unit in at GM to unlock it, they told me that the scan toll was telling them that it was not finding the GPS antenna...so I wonder if the navi part is broken somehow

I've looked at schematics from other GM's with nav, and no where does the VSS go into the 24 pin radio connector...so I'm thinking it gets that info from the A1 pin (gry circuit # 1036 Class 2 Serial Data) The radio also adjusts the volume automatically, so I think it is getting the VSS from somewhere, probably pin A1.

The Delco navi part number is 10351123. As far as I know it came out of a vehicle without the Y91 option. My truck does not that the Bose amplifier.

The S10 has Pin A6 and pin B2 which is RAP fuse supply voltage.

I would like to rewire the connector so that I get the dimming and the 20 minutes of power for starters.

TIA

Mike