Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

97 blazer LT bad miss

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Pcoleman is on a distinguished road

Got a 97 blazer lt. 4.3. It idles fine but when I try to accelerate it cuts out and misses bad. Been doing it for months and I just limp it to work. Ive tested the fuel pressure several times and it passed. I've changed so far the
Distributor w/ new cap and rotor
Fuel filter
Fuel spider
Crank position sensor
Throttle position sensor
Ignition coil

And it's still doing the same thing. I'm close to burning it down at this point ha. Can anyone offer any advice?

I also gutted the cat and got a new muffler cuz I thought that was it

Old 11-28-2014, 07:52 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

I've read all three posts that you have posted - as captian hook said on your very first post if you haven't done so take it in and see if there is any stored codes - one thing about throwing parts at something sooner or later if your lucky you might change the bad unit but as for myself I don't have that kind of budget

Old 11-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Pcoleman is on a distinguished road

No codes. Just for o2 sensors and I've replaced all of them

Old 11-29-2014, 01:32 AM
odat is on a distinguished road

kool - you hadn't mentioned checking the codes - have you checked all vacuume lines and the EGR

Old 11-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

What is the fuel pressure with the ignition ON, engine OFF, and the fuel pump running?

What is the fuel pressure 5 minutes after the pump shuts off?

(Incorrect fuel pressure can cause false O2 sensor DTC's to set in memory.)

The crankshaft position sensor is NOT plug & play. If/when the sensor or timing cover is moved, removed, replaced, or disturbed in any way, the crankshaft position sensor relearn MUST be performed with a capable scan tool. If it is not performed, the engine will still start and run, but the PCM will use the calibration data from the last relearn, which is now incorrect. It will cause injector timing, ignition timing, and a host of other things to be incorrect as well.

The distributor & camshaft position sensor are NOT plug & play. If either is moved, removed, replaced, or disturbed in any way, camshaft retard MUST be checked and adjusted with a capable scan tool. Camshaft retard spec is zero degrees, plus or minus 2 degrees. If it is out of spec, misfire detection and accurate cylinder identification will both be incorrect, and crossfire WILL occur inside the distributor cap. Crossfire=misfire.

All of these items must be correct before any kind of accurate diagnosis can be made. Once they are correct, clear all DTC's from memory and perform the General Motors Driving Cycle . Then post the DTC's, (if any) in the order they are retrieved.

Last edited by Captain Hook; 11-29-2014 at 05:03 AM.