Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

Oil cooler issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Beginning Member
Thelly is on a distinguished road
Default Oil cooler issue

Hey guys,
I am new new here and from the UK
I have been searching extensively for some seals/gaskets for my Blazer 4.3 LT V6 1998.
I have attached some pics in the url and would appreciate some feedback and advice.
Cheers,
Thelly

https://blazerforum.com/forum/member...l-cooler-7924/

Last edited by Thelly; 03-14-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: adding url of pics
Old 03-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Beginning Member
moblakely is on a distinguished road
Default gaskets

I got mine at o'reilly's auto parts here in the US... maybe you can order from their site? is one of those the gaskets from the adapter? did you have a leak? if so make sure you have isolated it to the lines entirely, i thought mine was just lines but the gasket in the adapter was deplorable. I don't remember if the gasket set was doorman or not but worth googling. Lastly, if you need the car to run in the meantime you should be able to drop the adapter out... take the filter and oil filter nipple from it's housing... screw the nipple into the engine block where you dropped out adapter and screw filter right on. This will work fine as long as you aren't ******* the heck out of you engine or towing or live in daily hot hot hot weather. you have a model a few years older than mine and I think your nipple screws off where mine did not and I had to pick up another from the dealership.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:52 PM
rockp2 will become famous soon enough

This pack from Summit has the gaskets for the filter and remote filter locations ($3.97). It also has the 'O' rings that go inside the radiator in the little groove. But the line seals they have suck. They're just 'O' rings. The second link from JEGS has the better Dorman HELP! seals for ($9.99).

http://www.summitracing.com/search/y...s?autoview=SKU

Dorman Products 66201 - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS

Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rockp2
But the line seals they have suck. They're just 'O' rings. The second link from JEGS has the better Dorman HELP! seals for ($9.99).
Yeah, don't do the o rings. If you do, make sure you don't over torque them. I redid my oil lines and gaskets, and the o rings made it about three miles before I noticed a huge cloud of oil smoke behind me. I think it dumped at least two quarts out! The gaskets that look like a figure 8, Dorman brand are what you want. I was able to get mine from O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I just completely deleted that nightmare. Wont look back. but then again, I dont tow or anything

Old 03-24-2014, 03:55 AM
Beginning Member
Thelly is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rockp2
This pack from Summit has the gaskets for the filter and remote filter locations ($3.97). It also has the 'O' rings that go inside the radiator in the little groove. But the line seals they have suck. They're just 'O' rings. The second link from JEGS has the better Dorman HELP! seals for ($9.99).

http://www.summitracing.com/search/y...s?autoview=SKU

Dorman Products 66201 - Free Shipping on All Orders @ JEGS
Thanks for the link but they aren't the correct seals, if you take a look at my picture link you will see a set that have been removed, one is a bizarre shape.
I am really struggling with this, my car has been in the garage for 3 weeks now