General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Leaking tranny cooler and oil cooler lines

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Jetfixer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaking tranny cooler and oil cooler lines

Hey All,

Replaced my radiator recently and now I can't get my oil and tranny cooler lines to stop leaking. I unfortunately used the new fittings that came with the new radiator and the lines seem to go to far inside the fitting. When I clip them in I can still push and pull on the line. Its like the fitting are too deep. Any suggestions. The tranny cooler lines seem to be leaking the most but the oil cooler lines are leaking too. I bought the dorman oil cooler lines that are now hitting my air box. I am thinking about putting the factory lines back in.
any suggestions?

Old 07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Leaking tranny cooler and oil cooler lines

are there rubber "o" rings on the ends of the lines?
they might be stuck in the old rad.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:22 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your talking aobut the quick clips on the end of the tranny cooler lines, correct?

You did put the little clip back in, right?

If you don't have the original fittings that the quik clips went into, then go to the dealer and buy new ones.
The other option is to replace the tranny cooler lines. The fittings will be cheaper.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:02 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I stand corrected.
Hanr3 has a more accurate post.
There are no "o" rings on the lines, and yes you can buy new "quick" connectors.
You should hear a click when the lines are pushed all the way into the connectors. Then give the lines a tug to make sure they are locked in.