Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

wife's rig

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 05:00 AM
98offroad is on a distinguished road
Default wife's rig

Ok so having some issues with the wife's 99 4 door 4wd. We just recently got this for her and I am in the proccess of fixing it up. Couple of things I have found and can't figure out. I have no voltage at the tps. B/u fuse and o2 sensor fuse blow as soon as instaled. I am in the process of trying to track down a new harness to try and solve some of these problems. Also the gear selector shows 3rd gear at all times. Not a big deal I just count the clicks and go on my way. And then the problamatic Chevy 4wd. I can hear the transfer case when I select 4 but the light just continues to flash. I have tried the common fixes for it but got nothing. So any one have some pointers on were to go with this. I drive a superduty with manual everything so not use to the electric transfer case.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:54 AM
Alc
Alc is on a distinguished road

2 places that I've found that have caused wires shorted , broken are in the drives side wheelwell area near the lower edge , and if the motor mounts were borken the pre cat O2 sensor wires rub through , I'm sure there are many others , good luck

Old 03-02-2014, 03:51 AM

In the event that anyone is following this I solved the majority of the problems today. At some point the motor or tranny was pulled and when reinstalled the harness that runs down to the trans and rear of the truck got pinched. Instead of propperly fixing it some one left it pinched between the block and trans and ran two wires straight from the fuse block to the trans. So I cut the wires loose from the pinch respliced the connections and now everything seems to be working to include the fuel gauge.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:03 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

The common gremlins generally pop up time and time again
Forums are usually great for tracking them down

Problems caused after production are usually not forum fixable
Bastardized repairs are a whole other issue

Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 AM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 98offroad
In the event that anyone is following this I solved the majority of the problems today. At some point the motor or tranny was pulled and when reinstalled the harness that runs down to the trans and rear of the truck got pinched. Instead of propperly fixing it some one left it pinched between the block and trans and ran two wires straight from the fuse block to the trans. So I cut the wires loose from the pinch respliced the connections and now everything seems to be working to include the fuel gauge.
Thanks for posting up the solution to your problem. It always helps down the road when someone is searching the forum to try and find an answer.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:04 AM

That's why I did it. I hate when I find someone with the same problem that I am trying to fix but they never posted a solution.