General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Jimmy Option's...strange

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
MoneyPItJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jimmy Option's...strange

Why is it that a 2DR 4X4 Jimmy couldn't be equipped with a floor mounted console auto shifter and fog lights built into the headlights like it's 4 door twin???? I like the looks of that in the 4 Door and would think it would be even better in a 2door...has anyone tried converting their 2 door to that setup?

Old 02-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Jimmy Option's...strange

It'll all work, but it isn't going to be all that easy. The floor shifter is whats gonna be a pain. You first have to get all of the components, including the shifter cable. I'm not sure if the cable passes through the same location in the floor on both...

The headlights are the easiest thing if you have fog lights already. If not, plan on just wiring them up on your own with another switch on the dash.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 PM

Also the floor shift version of the dash cluster....right? I'm guessing they are different, haven't seen one...

Old 02-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They are different, but I do not know how necessary that is.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:39 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Personally I like the column shifter, makes it more truck like to me, rather than car like floor shifter. Now of course if its manual then on the floor is where it should be. I have seen 2dr's with both the floor shifter and the column shifter, so I am not sure what the difference is there. As for the guage cluster, I never noticed a difference, since its automatic it should work or be the same.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:43 PM

Just assuming if it's like any floor shifted car, the PRDL indicators are at the shifter and not on the dash...

Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Yes, no gear indicator on a floor shift cluster.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah I forgot about that.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I drove a Blazer that had floor shift and indicator on the dash... Probably either a BCM thing, or a wire from the transmission for it, maybe?