Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2000 Blazer Suspension Option..???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
metalhead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2000 Blazer Suspension Option..???

just wondering if there was a suspensionoption in the 2000 Blazers... because i was looking at replacing the front shocks in mine and i decided to call up the GM dealer here.. they asked me for the last few digits of my VIN code.. came back and priced me at $187 each... phoned all the other part stores around and was quoted from $30-$80 from various stores..

so i asked one of my dads friends the other day who works at one of the stores what the deal was.. and from what we could figure out.. itwas because it looked like the truck came with a towing package because everything is there for it on the back and looks original.. but i don't know if this was a standard option..

so today i stopped in todealer again and asked about why the shockswere so expensive and he asked for the VIN code looked it up and said the truck came with a "superior ride suspension" option or something like that.. and i can't find no info on this anywhere.. was this a common option.. also the guy at GM told me i could buy the cheaper shocks just that i would have to buy the heavier duty shock.. anyone know anything about this option or anything..?? THX in advance

Old 04-20-2007, 05:48 PM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2000 Blazer Suspension Option..???

Dealer quoted prices are probably for the Bilstein OEM shocks that came with the Blazer. I just replaced all 4 of my shocks with Monroe Gas Matics, they are not as good as the Bilsteins but I went for what I could afford to pay...Monroe, Gabriel and others make a HD Truck shock and that is what you would need for your vehicle. My next set will be a "truck" version of the shock...also check the rear shocks to see if you have the "self-leveling" air shocks since you have the factory tow package, it comes with an onboard air compressor for leveling the rear end when towing...