General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Merged Double Posts

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Beginning Member
MaineBlazing88 is on a distinguished road
Default Merged Double Posts

haha wow so in 2 weeks im getting a nice 86K5 blazer and i cant wait! i already have a 98zr2 and now an 86! so since this is going to be my first K5 can any one tell me a lil more about them?>? like the back cap comes off right? well please help if ur a fellow K5 owner lol *points down this is the one im getting!

*Merging Double Posts*

haha wow so in 2 weeks im getting a nice 86K5 blazer and i cant wait! i already have a 98 zr2 and now an 86! so since this is going to be my first K5 can any one tell me a lil more about them?>? like whats the good and the bad!? well please help if ur a fellow K5 owner lol *points down this is the one im getting!

Attached Thumbnails Merged Double Posts-side2.jpg   Merged Double Posts-front.jpg   Merged Double Posts-side.jpg  
Old 09-26-2009, 04:09 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice truck.

350 or 305?

The fiberglass cap does come off. There are 2 "hidden" bolts near the tailgate posts that you will to remove first though. The rubber seals are notorious for leaking so check the bed for wet spots.

Was the truck up north most of it's life? If so you'll probably alot of the same rust issues as me. Rear floor near the tailgate and the tailpan, rockers, inner wheel wells, and the floorpans.

Old 09-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Beginning Member
MaineBlazing88 is on a distinguished road

it has the 350 in it!

ok sweet im glad to hear that! the chick im getting it from didnt even know that it could come off i thought it did and thats y i asked. yea its been in maine its hole life. the 350engin has been rebuilt along with the tranny. umm i think when she bought it all the rust was taken care of but the dore pannels need some work lol gotta take care of the rust that has showed up in the last 3years

Old 09-26-2009, 04:34 PM
oisinirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Crawl around underneath and do some checking. Check out this thread. Click HERE. The first page is relatively benign with the exception of the cancer I found.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks pretty nice! You're going to need to replace the rocker panel on the passenger side judging from the picture, but the rest seems to look pretty good.

*EDIT* - I know that you are excited, but please try to abide by the rules of the forum. Thanks!