Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Whats up with certain words in posts?

Old 01-01-2010, 12:40 PM
KRUSHER is on a distinguished road
Default Whats up with certain words in posts?

I've noticed certain words are like links that a pop up window of info about that word will pop up if you scroll over it. I find it a bit annoying when I'm scrolling down the page and a pop up box appears in front of what I'm trying to read because my cursor just happened to pass over a word. Is there a way to "turn this function off" ?

Old 01-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Google will show you the way.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
KRUSHER is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk View Post
Google will show you the way.
Show what way? That's the point I DON'T want the info popping up, It's rather annoying like that. If I wanted to see the info I would look it up.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:55 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

We don't have control over it on the forum. You can either get ad block (in you're using firefox) or Google "host file" and read up on what it is and how to block the ads.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KRUSHER View Post
Show what way? That's the point I DON'T want the info popping up, It's rather annoying like that. If I wanted to see the info I would look it up.
Google it bud. It is quite easy if you would simply take the time to read up about it. Some key terms are "Vibrant" with additional words like "block", etc.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah that stuff is annoying. I run adblock on firefox, so they dont appear.

But, i do turn adblock off once a day and let my favorite websites get their advertising hits. it sucks but thats how the forums are funded.