General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Is this worth making a fuss about...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default Is this worth making a fuss about...

I took my bravada to commercial tire for an alignment a few weeks back and the other day I did a basic inspection of suspension/steering components. While I was looking things over I noticed that my dust curtains had been hacked up for whatever reason and the pitman arm I recently installed was missing that foam washer/seal that goes between the taper bore and the ball joint (anyone know what I'm talking about). Should I give them a call and have an exchange of words or should I let it be and fix it myself. One more thing, how might I go about finding the true center point in the steering gear, ya know when the gear is at it's tightest and most centered point. Thanks

Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

This is one reason that I refuse to let anyone else work on my vehicles... I would just fix it myself... no will care about your truck as much as you do.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:42 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

not sure what you mean by dust covers but your gonna want to fix the pitman arm. Thats what holds the grease in

Old 07-10-2009, 07:17 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'd give'em a call, and calmly and politely explain what happened and if they will fix the damage that they did. Don't flip out on them because buddy over there will tell you where to go and what to do to yourself.

I had a butchery on my hands when they installed my head unit, forgot screws, didn't install it right, broke a handle to recline the seat, **** like that... went back and explained it all to the guy and he said "sure we'll fix it", but I wasn't a complete a** about it.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Oktain. If your parts are missing after you took it to their shop, then they are obligated to fix it on their dime. Just be as "nice" about it as you can, unless they continue to be pr***s about it and refuse to take responsibility.

I also don't usually take my truck to mechanics, but there is a caveat: It has to be someone I'm connected to on a personal level. Example: The guy who did my RC body lift + shocks is a friend of a friend who is a retired mechanic. Because of my friend, his crew did a superb job and didn't charge me a lot for the labor. In fact, he and I are also becoming friends, because he also likes 4x4s and has his own old-school Bronco restoration project sitting in the shop. (I know, it's a Ford -- but that's not the point.)