General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

need help to install stereo

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:18 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default need help to install stereo

I'm new here and I need help to install my pioneer cd player in my blazer. I've only had my blazer for 4 months, and want to put in my stereo from my old car. I am pretty good at this, but because I know nothing about my blazer, I figured I would ask for some help. It's a 2000 4.3L High Output V6 LT 4-door. Black paint with black cloth interior. It has the upgraded stereo system, but the speakers are crap! I need to know how to take off the trim around the stereo and how to remove the stock cd player. Also, what would be a good place to install a 6-disc cd changer. The last thing is where would be a good place to install a sirius tuner. I have the x-act visor. Anything else anybody can think of that can help, please tell me.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: need help to install stereo

Just start at the passengerside of the dash bezel, above the vents and gently pry away form the dash. I'm not sute, but there may be two screws above the steering column, 8 mm, and just keep popping the whole thing back. If you have tilt, drop the steering wheel down as far as it will go. Just disconnect any wires and the whole piece will coem out. Then there are more screws visible. I would mount the cd changer under a seat, or do a litle drilling and mount in the center console. as for the sirius tuner module, would just mount on dash, or I think there is an open space on your dash. put antenna at one corner of the dash, tucked in by the window.