Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

1997 blazer won't start and now door beep won't stop

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 04:52 PM
RaDiCal_Beaver is on a distinguished road
Default 1997 blazer won't start and now door beep won't stop

Today my car decided to stop turning on. When the keys is turned the engine tries to start but won't turn over. This is the first time this has happened. The battery seems to be working fine since everything turns on (lights, windows, etc.) I believe it may be a wiring issue as I have noticed an unplugged cable below my wheel. Also when examining these wires I seemed to have moved something causing the door beep noise to stay on despite there being no key in the ignition. I need some help determining the best approach to this problem the sooner the better as I am dependent on my vehicle for work. I have a multimeter and some basic tools but I do not know where to start in regards to the wiring. I figure it would be best to start with the wires below the wheel to since that seems to be what caused the unending beep to start. If someone could provide me with details about the wiring and some advice on determining why my blazer won't start I would be forever grateful.
Here is a picture below the wheel of the unplugged connector.
1997 blazer won't start and now door beep won't stop-img_4713.jpg
I'm unsure how long it has been this way but I feel like these wires may be the best starting place at this point. Thanks in advance for any help offered. And I apologize if this is already a post somewhere.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:59 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RaDiCal_Beaver
Today my car decided to stop turning on. When the keys is turned the engine tries to start but won't turn over.
#1 Ok stop turning on - would mean no power anywhere

#2 the engine tries to start but won't turn over - turn over would mean the starter is not rotating the engine

crank - turn over - ect. means the starter is not rotating the engine

run - fire - ect means it won't start

So by reading between the lines and guessing here what your trying to say is the engine rotates with the starter but it isn't firing

The wire I'm sorry but as I'm not there to look, just by a picture it's hard for me too tell, look for anything close by with the length of the wire for something that it would plug into

Do you have a aftermarket remote start? I'm guessing maybe so as in your picture there is a box with wires floating around on the cover next too your plugin in question

If so that would be the first thing I would suspect and I would remove it and return the wiring back to original configuration

Next questions do you have bright BLUE spark at the end of the plug wires at the plugs while cranking it over to start it.
Do you have fuel and at the correct pressures, there is a sticky on the second gen portion that shows you how to test that and it has to be followed per instructions

Old 11-02-2016, 07:48 PM
RaDiCal_Beaver is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help. It turned out to be the fuel pump assembly and nothing to do with the wiring. With a little bit of adjustment to the wires I got the door beep to act normal again. I had the fuel pump assembly replaced at a local repair shop. It was very expensive but they got it working again. I appreciate your help though. I really did not expect such a quick reply so thanks a ton.