Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

ABS problem/where's the abs wheel and speed sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Starting Member
iamchevyman5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ABS problem/where's the abs wheel and speed sensors?

Hey everyone,
I know the ABS problem threads/posts have been driven into the ground, but here's another one. Yes, I already searched for previous threads about this, but nothing seemed to fit my problem and solve it in detail. I have a '00 Jimmy with a bit over 150k on it. I bought it from my uncle, and it has always had its ABS light on. IT TURNS ON AS SOON AS THE VEHICLE EXCEEDS 3 MPH. That is because the ABS fuse is currently pulled, but even if it wasn't it the light would still be on. I put it back for diagnostic purposes one time, and the brakes flutter on and off dangerously when hitting the pedal.

I remember I researched this problem before and came to the resolution that the resounding advise was to check the abs wheel sensors (location??) but I had to wait for the next nice, not snow covered day to do so.
Right now it's a nice day with little snow on the ground and I got an air compressor for Christmas, so point me to the abs wheel sensor! A picture would be perfect!
Thanks,
Dan

Old 02-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is in the hub/wheel unit bearing as covered in the thread below:
Wheel Speed Sensor Location
Found using "wheel+speed+sensor+location" in the search box.

Does this sound like the issue you are experiencing?
Brakes - Low Speed (below 5 MPH) ABS Activation

What ABS codes are present? The light is trying to tell you something...