New Member Area Are you new to Blazer Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hey ya'll. Got me a 99 Trailblazer today

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRoad09 is on a distinguished road

Welcome from Georgia!

Old 10-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Kirk is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 Trailblazer

Hey,

I have one, too, with 140K on it.

Dealer says I need to change tranny fluid. Any thoughts on this?

Also, he says I need a fuel filter. How would he know? It runs fine.

And finally, I think the heater core is clogged. Fan works fine, but no heat. Any thoughts?

Kirk

Originally Posted by InternalCombustion
My first Blazer. A white Trailblazer package, V6, loaded. 140,000 miles.

I got it today. Paid $3450. Pretty clean. Nice leather interior. No wind noise, no indication of the dreaded water leaks, at least not yet.

I like it. I know the miles may bite me but I didn't have much of a budget and I needed a capable 4WD for this winter (Northeast PA). If I have to do some wrenching on her, so be it.

You guys look like you got a nice forum here. Stay tuned for lots of questions from this noob, like:
  • Where should I tap a MP3 input into the factory stereo?
  • How simple is it to troubleshoot the electric mirrors?
  • What is the K&N benefits vs cost?
  • I have a bit of frame rust, particularly on the body mounts. What is the best rustproofing solution for the crappy salty winter roads up here in PA?
  • What is the best value in a remote unlock?
Sorry if I got carried away with the questions

Thanks for a great forum. I think I'm gonna like it here.

Drive safe.

Rob

Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kirk
Hey,

I have one, too, with 140K on it.

Dealer says I need to change tranny fluid. Any thoughts on this?

Also, he says I need a fuel filter. How would he know? It runs fine.

And finally, I think the heater core is clogged. Fan works fine, but no heat. Any thoughts?

Kirk
regarding your trans fluid, has it ever been done? you ask your question like you've never done it before. same applies to your fuel filter (should be changing it every year)
as for your heater not blowing any heat, when was the thermostat last changed?
i don't know how long you've owned your truck, but it sounds like it's never had much maintenance done on it.
change your trans fluid, it's alot cheaper than rebuilding your trans, i always change ALL the fluids in a vehicle when i buy it, top to bottom.
same goes with the fuel filter. would you want it to start giving you an issue during the Winter? you know it'll do it on the coldest day, while miles away from everything.
when i bought my Blazer, the original owner said the heater core was gone too (half of the reason she was selling it). turns out the thermostat was the factory original one! (158000K, or 98000 miles).

Old 10-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Beginning Member
cmh_20 is on a distinguished road

welcome from north east ohio

Old 10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Beginning Member
InternalCombustion is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cmh_20
welcome from north east ohio
Hey, guys, please don't think I am ignoring all these posts. For some reason I am not getting any notifications that anyone's posting on any threads I am subscribed to. Bummer! I've triple-checked my email address, no joy.

Anyway, thanks for all the feedback. Great forum!!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

check your settings for the thread notification in your "User CP". can be daily or instant.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Beginning Member
InternalCombustion is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
check your settings for the thread notification in your "User CP". can be daily or instant.
I have checked that about 4 times now, email address is correct. I have checked my spam folder multiple times and nothing is showing up there either.

I think I will use another email address.

Thanks.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
regarding the MP3, what stereo do you have? some have an "aux" port in the back of them.
REALLY? AC Delcos have this ?

Old 10-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Beginning Member
jerseymike68 is on a distinguished road

InternalCombustion: hi, welcome to our community forum...from Riverside,CA

Old 10-19-2009, 01:41 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by InternalCombustion
This truck has the factory AM-FM-CD with Auto Tone Control (if that makes sense).

Regarding the mirrors, you are right, I think its a switch problem, because the "right" button works for both mirrors (if you press real hard) but none of the other directions work for either mirrors. I will trouble-shoot the switch. (Along with the heated seat control rocker, which is pushed into the trim plate...)

Oh well, I love projects!
sorry brother, didn't see your reply 'til today. it's actually called Speed-Compensated-Volume (SCV), and probably the main reason why i kept the factory deck. the other being that the aftermarket decks made now, don't have an adjustable "dim" feature. this is a really nice feature, keeps you from having to "turn it up" when you're on the highway, and then back down when on city streets. the 3 different positions around the volume dial are for the amount of "volume increase" the radio will do, in relation to the increase in speed.
as for the "aux" connection in the back i was refering to, it's actually a plug for the factory CD shuttle to connect to. i was told by someone, that GM makes a harness that will let you plug in an adapter for MP3 players, using this port on the radio. i have yet to confirm this with a friend of mine @ GM yet, i'll let you know what i find out.