2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

HOW DO YOU REPLACE OIL COOLING LINES ON A 95 S 10 BLAZER???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:22 AM
mel
mel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HOW DO YOU REPLACE OIL COOLING LINES ON A 95 S 10 BLAZER???

NEED DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO REPLACE MY OIL COOLING LINES ON MY 95 S10 BLAZER 4X4, 4.3 , 4 DOOR. ALSO WHERE IS THE BEST/MOST REASONABLE PLACE TO BUY THE 2 SETS OF DOUBLE LINES? NOTING THAT ONE SET GOES DIRECTLY TO THE RADIATOR AND THE OTHER SET GOES BACK TO THE ENGINE AREA.
PLEASE GIVE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ESPECIALLY FOR THE LINES GOING BACK.
THANK YOU,
MEL
melalice2002@yahoo.com

Old 01-19-2006, 01:52 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: HOW DO YOU REPLACE OIL COOLING LINES ON A 95 S 10 BLAZER???

SWARLkk's post on the same subject.

"I have repaired the remote oil lines on earlier 4.3L motors by removing them and basically copying the factory designed crimp connections, but with 3000psi hydraulic crimp connections brazed onto the factory lines (after cutting off the factory crimps) and then crimped onto 3000 psi hyraulic hose.

I would not use heater hose to hold back potentially 60psi engine oil. Nor would I use only one hose clamp. If I were to use hose clamps, I would use two hose clamps per end positioned opposite each other. I would also only use hydraulic hose (1/2" ID) for its FAR superior pressure holding capabilities. Also, there is no reason to remove the lines to do this. Get a small pipe cutter and simply cut the lines. Deburr the edges inside and out. Install the hydraulic hose and clamps. Done. "

Next time you can do a search on the suject and find the answer for a faster response.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A more appropriate way to do what you did ivannj is to link to the thread in question. I do agree on the search comment.

Anyway, here ya go:
big time leaky oil lines?
AND
fyi about leaking oil lines

Old 01-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If this does not help you, then ask here. DO NOT contact me or the other admins unless it is a forum related problem. Also, posting all in CAPS like you have done is bad forum ediquette. On the internet, CAPS is used for yelling and general impatients. I am sorry that you are having a problem, but typing in caps is rude and annoys the heck out of me and others. I don't wonder why you aren't getting any responses. When you demand rather than politely ask, you get NO WHERE!

Ok now onto your problem. If you do not get the answer here or even if you do, I would advise you to get yourself a repair manual for your vehicle. Helm Inc. has the factory service manuals and I believe they extended their half price sale until the end of Jan. (but don't quote me on that). If you cannot afford the best of the repair manuals, I suggest Chiltons (Haynes is another one, but very limited in my eyes as to its usefulness). They can be purchased at most autoparts stores for $15-$20. Also, if you have access to the internet, you can get a subscription to AllDataDIY.com, 1st year - 1st vehicle = $20 or $25 each year and vehicle after that = $15). I currently hold 5 subscribed vehicles through my AllDataDIY account, one for each vehicle I maintain among my family members (I only pay for 2 myself, but others in my family pay for the other 3).

If you need more help in the future, please be patient and polite. You will get next to no where with the 'help me NOW' attitude.