Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

**Blazer sway problem "FIXED" **

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM
timtim is on a distinguished road
Default **Blazer sway problem "FIXED" **

swaying side to side or darting, wondering
I did it ! we did it! me and my wife tried and tried to figure out what was wrong with our blazer we just bought. It would not drive right dipping, swaying, wondering, side to side. Reading forum after forum a lot of people having the same problem. No good answers tried this tried that same as every one else did. It had a new idler arm on it when we got it and was told it needed to be aligned so I did,it did not fix it so I got new sway bar bushing, ball joints, control arm bushings, inner and outer tie rod ends, had rear springs re-arched and leaf added .I had 8 different mechanics look at it and no one knew what to do. So me and my wife got together to read more forums and picked up on a couple little things to try. FIRST OF ALL STOP SPENDING MONEY!!!! Thank you Captain Hook for pointing me in the right direction witch was center link, it should be level, I jacked it up, took tires off measured from frame down to center link on the passenger side, mine was 2 1/2" on the drivers side 1 1/2" why the diffrence? The idler arm was installed wrong! The bracket that bolts to the frame was reversed so it positioned the arm under the frame which loward the center link on that side. So I rotated the idler arm to position the arm away from the frame adjusted it to make center link level which was about 1 3/4" tightend every thing up took it for test drive every thing is wonderfull drives great! So check your center link like above, hope this helps you GOOD LUCK

Attached Images  

Last edited by timtim; 02-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
snuffymagee is on a distinguished road
Default Swaying Help - THANKS

Thank you so much for your post! I've been having the same problem with my 97. I've done most of the things you did too and was about to give up. Three different mechanics "fixed" the problem and it still sways.

I now have renewed hope! I know what I'll be doing first thing Saturday morning.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:07 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Man made issues can be hard to find

Old 05-12-2013, 09:14 AM
ryansim2025 is on a distinguished road

I was ABOUT to do all those things - idler arm, new sway bar bushing, ball joints, control arm bushings, inner and outer tie rod ends. I was also looking into a Rag-Joint fix. I'll start here first, then move to possibly fixing the rag joint, and am looking at this as a fix for that. Anyone ever done something like this?