Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Front & rear track width

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:56 AM
Likwid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front & rear track width

So, instead of getting wider tires with the objective of having a wider more aggressive stance on the very narrow 2 DR, I'm looking into wheel adapters. I actually found a great deal of information on a S10 crew cab forum website where a lot of the guys are using them. But I have one question that I couldn't find an answer to after searching this forum for days....

I read somewhere that the front tire track width is 55 inches and the rear is 54.6 inches. I know the rear track width is not as wide as the front, but before I order wheel adapters, can someone verify this information?

Of course I'm getting the best adapters I can find and will make sure they are hub-centric, I've reasearched them to death - just wanting a definite measurement of front and rear track width to know what size adapters to order.

I appreciate the help guys!! And did I get this in the right forum? [sm=smiley25.gif]

Ok I drive a 2001, 2 door - 2 wheel drive, maybe that'll help answer my question??

Old 04-03-2006, 02:43 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Front & rear track width

Check out MSN.com Autos section. Do a search for your year, make and model. Then check out the specs area. The information about track wideth is in there back to about 89 or so.

Track wideth is typically center of tire to center of tire.

WMS to WMS is the distance between the wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface. This is not the same as track wideth. Just so you don't get the two confused.

I did hte search for you and here is the link
Click Here

It shows the "track wideth" as 55" front and 54.6" rear. This is not WMS. Its important to know the difference, and which one you need.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Likwid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Front & rear track width

Hey thanks!! Great bunch of information on MSN auto...

Much appreciated![sm=smiley20.gif]