1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

87 s10 blazer small problems.. any help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 05:15 PM
alindstrom1 is on a distinguished road
Default 87 s10 blazer small problems.. any help?

the first problem, which is the most important to me, is the pwr windows dont work. i was wondering if there is a way to manually put them down? also, my drivers side door is sagging and doesnt shut all the way when i close it. will replacing the pin and bushings fix that?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

Replacing the pins and bushings should fix the door sagging problem. I had a '92 S-10 pickup and I did the same thing and it fixed the problem beautifully.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:45 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

+1 on the bushings. Have you checked the fuse for the window? Next you will want to test the switch to make sure its getting power or hasn't grounded out somewhere.

Old 04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
K1500brute is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 50lb_cat
+1 on the bushings. Have you checked the fuse for the window? Next you will want to test the switch to make sure its getting power or hasn't grounded out somewhere.
Agreed but after you check that and if everything is good the motor its self could be locked up. I would not try forcing them down cause it could break or bend the regulators due to the motor having a type of lock to prevent people from pushing down the windows to breaking in. That is going to cost more if you are ever going to fix it.

if you just want the windows to be down you are going to have to pull the door apart to detach the regulator or detach the motor to have it down all the way

Check xgiovannix12's link in this if you want to just take out the motor/regulator or replace it all. plus there is some tips.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/1st-ge...uestion-68388/

just a diy for the door panel
How To Remove Door Panels On A 1993 GMC Jimmy, Chevy Blazer or S10 Compact Truck

Last edited by K1500brute; 04-12-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:03 AM
Beginning Member
meatbag is on a distinguished road
Default Power window fix

On the topic of the door panels, I have no info, as I royally messed mine up and had to put them back on with self tapping sheet metal screws!

TEST THAT FUSE!!

The power windows are not a real big problem. TEST THE SWITCH!
1. Take off the door panel.
2. Find the hole that has the plug end of the motor thru it. Mine was up by the power door lock.
3. Remove the two wire plug from the motor.
4. With a multimeter test the voltage at the plug, you should get 12v or close one way and -12v or close the other way (up & down with the switch).
**These switches seem to be REALLY expensive. I found a cheap one on Amazon.com it's chrome not black but for 3 bucks, who really cares! (PM me and I'll dig up the part number if you can't find it)
5. If the switch works, then it's probably the motor. Rock Auto.com has them for 23 bucks, I think. Locally I found them for closer to 50.
** The other article with the removal process is really good.
Remove the two bolts that hold the window glass to the slider at the bottom of the window.
Use some thin rope or something to tie the window in it's UP position. Tie it to the window sill.
Remove the power window workings....
Tap out the rivet pins, drill out the rivets, and remove the motor and regulator from the door.
7. Put the regulator in a vise and drill a hole thru both pieces and bolt them together. This will keep all your fingers INTACT when you remove the motor! THIS IS VERY SERIOUS!! DO IT!! TRUST ME!
8. Replace the motor, drill out the rivets holding it to the regulator and put it back on with the nuts and bolts that come with the new motor.
9. Replace entire assembly back in the door, using the new bolts and nuts.
10. Plug in the 2 wire plug, and you should be all set.

Have fun putting that dumb door panel back ON!

Cheers!