1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer

From your side shots, it looks like its time to replace those door hinge pins!!! Your doors are sagging quite a bit. Make sure that you either take it someplace or buy the proper tool for compressing the springs in the door. If you don't have the proper tool, it's a B!TCH!!! And I'm speaking from experience. The proper tool can be purchased from Eastwood.com. It is the Light Truck Door Hinge Spring Tool and is $16.99 + s&h.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why the guy that had it before you wouldn't have just taken the GMC off the front...

Old 09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Tittlebitties is an unknown quantity at this point

LoLoS10Blazer87 - Will check that when I mess with the cable thing tomorrow or this weekend.

swartlkk - Damn...never noticed that :|. Thanks for the heads up

m00nwater - I have no idea lol...I am gonna leave it on there so people think its a Jimmy and when they say something I can tell them wrong [8D]

Old 09-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Talusgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just not seeing the sagging doors!! How do you identify that-for furure referance? I'm going to look again...

Old 09-22-2005, 11:57 PM

Look at the indent line on the door and the match it up with the indent thats along the other half of my blazer. The door sags a bit lower but I looked at it in person today and its not as bad as the picture shows. I am thinking that maybe my door wasnt closed all the way when I took the pic?

Old 09-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Doors not being closed all the way (aside from a picture taken from higher or lower) will not show up on a straight in side shot like a sagging door. Nor will the door not being closed all the way make the door sag. If, when you close the door, it lifts up even just a bit to latch (do it slow), then you door hinge pins & bushings need replacing.

Other than that and the GMC grill, GREAT looking Blazer!

Old 09-23-2005, 02:51 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah the drivers side door is sagging pretty bad, I'd say the bushing for the pin is shot.

swartlkk, I really wish I had had that friggin tool when I replaced mine, might have saved a lot of blood, knuckle skin, and cursing, lol

Old 09-23-2005, 09:34 AM

Alright ...Thanks!

I love this forum LOL

I really wish I had pics of the day I went muddin and got pulled out by a bulldozer. We had pics but they were on a camera phone and my bud kept saying he had a cord to put them on his computer but he was talking ****

Old 09-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

You can probably email them to yourself from the phone...that's how my gf get's hers off her camera

If you do get them, post them in the offroading section...I'd like to see them!

Old 09-23-2005, 04:17 PM

Yeah I know you can do that but he has to pay extra to do that and plus it was like a month ago so I doubt he has them anymore . My mom said I can't go mudding anymore but all i have to do is wash it after I go muddin lol. My tranny line was a rubber line and so everytime I went to tracking or muddin the line would get ****ed. So finally got it to a metal line and pushed up more so it dont snag on anything and break.

I will get some other pictures soon enough tho. She goes awsome in the mud but I know she can do better if I actually had power.

Quick Reply: 89 Chevy S-10 Blazer