1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

92 blazer s10 4.3 vortec CPI temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:50 AM
tg22ar is on a distinguished road
Default 92 blazer s10 4.3 vortec CPI temp gauge

the temperature gauge is not working...i want to put in a new temperature switch-12.99, coolant temp. sensor-11.99 and possibly a thermostat-7.99...all cheap parts...was wondering where they are located at regards to the switch and the coolant sensor...thanks

Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM
tg22ar is on a distinguished road

i dont know why nobody responds to my questions...i thought this was a forum where you go to get help..i am not familiar with this engine...119k on it...can someone help me out what the ****

Old 12-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Man, you have to actually wait for people to respond... Getting all pissed off and criticizing us does nothing to help your case...

I believe the gauge sending unit is located in the passenger side cylinder head on your year, but look on both cylinder heads just above the exhaust manifold. One side should have your temp gauge sending unit on it and the other may have your knock sensor...

Replacing all of those parts is cheap enough, but you may not need to replace them all.

Have you verified that your engine is actually coming up to temperature?

Please read through the rules of the forum (link in my signature) paying particular attention to #4. You have to realize that NO ONE gets paid to provide help. They do so in their free time at absolutely no cost to you. So you can either be patient, waiting for free answers or you can pay a mechanic to do the work for you. Now get your attitude in check or you may not get help in the future. No one likes to spend their free time helping someone with such a poor attitude.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Don't know what the difference is between a temp switch and sensor, but you probably have two temp sensors if it's like my 94 Blazer. One is located on the upper intake manifold behind the A/C compressor on the passenger side and has two wires running to it. This is the one for emissions and ties into your computer. The other one is located just above and between the forward spark plugs on the passenger side and has a single dark green wire running to it probably in some loom to protect the wire from heat. This is for your temp gauge. If you change this one either drain the coolant or be real quick. Make sure the guys at the auto parts store don't try to sell you the wrong sensor. They look very similar, but the actual connection is different. Learned the hard way. I sealed mine with teflon tape. Works great. You really need to just ask and someone will get back with you. I've picked up some pretty good pointers and haven't been a subscriber here that long.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

tg22ar Well, man. Either you didn't read the response or did and found them (if so, you're welcome) and never let us know the results after almost 2 weeks. Not mandatory, but would be nice to hear back from you.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Starting Member
jannes_z-28 is on a distinguished road

Anyone has the part# for these two sensors? Preferable AC Delco.

Then one on the intake manifold next to the thermostate?

And the one in the right cylinderhead?

My temp gauge is showing three bars when cold and runs up to hot and blinking even though the engine is running at normal temp.

Thanks

Jan

Old 05-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can look them up yourself on ACDelco.com...

Old 05-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Starting Member

If I have understood it correctly the two sensors are:

AC Delco # 213-928 Engine Cool Temp sensor ECM 2-pin connector is the one on the manifold. 1991-1994

AC Delco # 213-4396 Engine Cool Temp Sensor Pigtail connector is the one in the cylinder head i.e. for the temp gauge. 1988-1994

Can you confirm?

Jan

Old 05-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Beginning Member
eisterd is on a distinguished road

good greif! can't ya take em off and go to parts store?

Old 05-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by eisterd
good greif! can't ya take em off and go to parts store?
Easy for you to say.

If you need to mail order them, it is nice to get the correct one, wouldn't you think so?

Jan

Quick Reply: 92 blazer s10 4.3 vortec CPI temp gauge