1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 4.3 vortec(W) Problems HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Beginning Member
IndMale44 is on a distinguished road
Default 93 4.3 vortec(W) Problems HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I can tell you.

1993 Chevy S10 Blazer with 4.3L vortec (W) engine.

Here is some info that I can give you I was having trouble with it running correctly it would start to stall out on me but if I gave it more throttle it would smooth out on me then it started to die on me. At that point I started checking into what could be causing the problem. I check on the Blazer forum board and Everything pointed to the fuel injection System. I took it to BRANDON AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR to have them double check the problem they had it for a day and said that they couldn’t find the problem. So I picked it up and drove it for a few days and then it started to give me problems again. At that point I decided to try and find the problem myself. I purchased a fuel injection fuel pressure gauge. When I hooked it up the pressure went to 60psi and then dropped and held at 55psi. which according to the manual was correct. I turned the gauge towards the driver’s seat so that I could see the pressure while I ran it. It started and ran ok but when I turned it I must have loosened the connection (Fuel) at the check point. Some fuel leaked onto the engine and caught fire lucky enough I was able to put the fire out before it caught the entire engine and car on fire. I then repaired all the burned electrical wires and everything I found that had burned. I was finely able to get it running after also replacing the Ignition module(which I purchased at AutoZone) I got it running somewhat after adjusting the timing on it but it still didn’t run right( it only ran ok at idle) So I pulled the Dist. Cap off and checked the location of the rotor in comparison to #1 plug I wanted to make sure I was correct so I pulled the plug on #1 Plug and turned the engine until I saw the top of the piston as far as I could in the cylinder. I then pulled the Value cover on that side off to make sure I wasn’t on the exhaust stroke (by the values not being open) I then rotated the location of #1 plug Wire in the Dist. to where the rotor was. ( timing should be 0 deg BTDC). I then pulled the Vortec plumin off and pulled the injectors and checked to make sure they all were getting fuel which they were. It still isn’t going above idle speed.

This is where I am at Please help!