1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

94 S10 Blazer Engine Codes -- Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 01:31 PM
retrojag is on a distinguished road
Question 94 S10 Blazer Engine Codes -- Advice?

I am a new car owner and I LOVE my 1994 S10 Blazer (Tahoe LT). Fair condition and has had most of the major parts replaced (guy I bought it from was a mechanic). Has a little over 150k miles, Vortec V6, 4WD.

I just took it in to be fixed and they replaced the Fuel Pressure Gauge and replaced a section of split hose to my tank. 3 days later the Service Engine Light has come back on! The car is running just fine, actually better than ever since that replacement, starts fine, runs normally, has no obvious problems.

I checked the codes and these are the ones I got:

22: Grounded WOT Circuit
32: EGR Circuit or MAP Circuit (not sure which it would be for mine but pretty sure the MAP Circuit)
34: MAP Sensor (Voltage Low), MAF Sensor

Based on what I could find online, it's my understanding that these problems are in the same general family as the Fuel Pressure Gauge. Would this be covered as part of the warranty for the replacements that my mechanic did? If not, are these urgent fixes, and can I do them myself and with my mechanic friends, or do I need to take it back in?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by retrojag; 07-06-2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: newly-found information
Old 03-08-2020, 09:41 PM
JonD is on a distinguished road
Default No answer yet?

Originally Posted by retrojag
I am a new car owner and I LOVE my 1994 S10 Blazer (Tahoe LT). Fair condition and has had most of the major parts replaced (guy I bought it from was a mechanic). Has a little over 150k miles, Vortec V6, 4WD.

I just took it in to be fixed and they replaced the Fuel Pressure Gauge and replaced a section of split hose to my tank. 3 days later the Service Engine Light has come back on! The car is running just fine, actually better than ever since that replacement, starts fine, runs normally, has no obvious problems.

I checked the codes and these are the ones I got:

22: Grounded WOT Circuit
32: EGR Circuit or MAP Circuit (not sure which it would be for mine but pretty sure the MAP Circuit)
34: MAP Sensor (Voltage Low), MAF Sensor

Based on what I could find online, it's my understanding that these problems are in the same general family as the Fuel Pressure Gauge. Would this be covered as part of the warranty for the replacements that my mechanic did? If not, are these urgent fixes, and can I do them myself and with my mechanic friends, or do I need to take it back in?

Thanks for the help!
it’s disappointing in all this time no one has responded. I’ve got almost the exact same problem. I’ve got codes 22, 32, 33, and 54. My truck is ‘94 Sonoma with 4.3L W vin.

Old 03-11-2020, 05:14 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

I'm not usually resurrecting old threads. This will be an exception.

Most probably the original thread went unnoticed as it got buried in the general section instead of the 1st gen Tech Help. Not many 1st gens around no more. The 1st gens are not very well documented and without the factory service and diagnostics manuals nobody will be able to retrieve good information, not even from google.

Back to the faults:

Somehow they are all related. The underlying pattern to me is: all have to do with the TBI/CPI/TP/MAP and engine harness.
This is where I would start looking. Check all the wiring on the engine.

Questions: Has somebody done repair(s) to the wiring harness? Has the engine been changed and rewired? Did it run fine before? Has the engine been lifted for engine support replacement or other work? Has there been an accident?

22 Is the "TP SENSOR CIRCUIT LOW" (low voltage below 0.2 Volts for 1 second). We find us facing a loss of signal or incorrect signal on the engine wiring.

32 Is the "LINEAR EGR SYSTEM" This is the only one which doesn't quite fit. By itself quite a bit of troubleshooting. I would leave it out for the moment. Still can also be related to the harness but in another location.

33 Is the "MAP SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH" (high voltage) on the MAP circuit in some engine running conditions. A short to +5 Volts would also cause this to set. Can cause rough idle.

54 is the "FUEL PUMP RELAY" (low voltage) bad pump relay or loss of power with engine running. Oil pressure switch is a cutout and we are back on the engine wiring harness.

Please check the wiring harness and come back with what you have found. Even a picture if you find something.

Old 03-11-2020, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
kc8oye is on a distinguished road

I have a complete set of Factory Service Manuals for my 1994 S10 Blazer.. if you need anything scanned, let me know.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

You might have become a savior for some lol

Old 03-12-2020, 06:32 PM
Starting Member
kc8oye is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
You might have become a savior for some lol
A friend of mine gave them to me. He had a 94 blazer for many years. He finally upgraded to a Silverado

Old 03-17-2020, 06:30 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

One more here with the manuals, including the unit repair manuals.

As of lately rockauto also selling the CD-ROM for some 30$

Old 03-18-2020, 10:11 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*OP has not been been around for 7 years*

THREAD CLOSED