1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Baaad oil leak!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Beginning Member
1994BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road
Default Baaad oil leak!!!

so after putting about 1k mi on my 1994 Blazer im realizing i never shouldve bought it. Today i noticed a big oil slick in the driveway and upon further inspection noticed its coming from under the intake. Looks like the oil filter wasnt seated properly, however its definitely is because i did the oil change!! Does anyone know where this could be coming from or is it an easy fix/problem???

list of things that broke in 500 miles or less.
Gas tank ruptured
Driver rear brake soleniod blew leaving brake fluid all over the place.
Heater core let loose.
Exhaust fell off hangers and ruined the exhaust.
and now this oil leak!?!?!

what next the T-case explodes through the floor?? some one please help me!!

Old 12-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point

On these trucks they hava a remote oilfilter and there are two sets of lines running to and from the filter...These are prove to leaking due to the crappy fittings...These fittings are probly what your leak is coming from...Just use the search funciton to find out more info on the Oil lines..

Heres one thread talking about it..Hope this helps!
https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...t=Remote+Lines

Old 12-11-2009, 03:52 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1994BlazerS10
..Today i noticed a big oil slick in the driveway and upon further inspection noticed its coming from under the intake...
Sounds like it might be coming from the valve cover. If it is, that would be an easy fix, just tighten the old one or replace the gasket.

Originally Posted by OILCOUNTRY
On these trucks they hava a remote oilfilter...
Only if they are 4WD (which his appears to be).

Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Starting Member
fondo has a little shameless behavior in the past

These trucks are certainly temperamental and require either some degree of mechanical inclination or a healthy bank account. I did a write up on replacing the oil cooler lines about a year ago... You should also inspect the lines going from your filter block into the radiator, they are usually overlooked. I paid $80 for those at the dealership because they are the only place that I could find 'em. Dorman makes the lines going from the motor to the filter and they run about $60 IIRC. Like I said I replaced mine over a year ago and they are leak free, thus far.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

If it's your lines you can get them at an auto parts storelike fondo said. I replaced mine on my 91 Blazer and can tell you it isn't much fun. Drop the front plastic shield and get yourself about 20 - 24" of extension for the bolt. While you have it off, you might change the adapter gasket and "O" ring. Mine had the wrong one in it when I bought it and I finally bought the correct kit from a dealer. It was more money than the generic ones you can get but worth every dime. If your seals on the end of the lines are leaking, you pretty much have to buy them from a dealer. I think I paid $6.75 for both. I never found aftermarket ones, just the ones that came with the lines. Don't skimp here brother or you'll be doing it again. The next time it happens to mine, I'm going to modify them to hydraulic hoses.