1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Heater Not Working HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Allmightydietz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Heater Not Working HELP!!!

Do to the fact that winter is starting i need my heater for my windows...the problem is that when i turn on my heater hot air comes out but the blower doesnt blow anything out....I was wondering if there was a blower relay that could possibly be doing this or i also heard there was a cutoff switch on the a/c that cut the blower motor wen the freeon got low...i have 91 blazer i would appreciate the help...the winter is coming fast....

Old 10-14-2007, 03:25 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Heater Not Working HELP!!!

there is a blower motor relay you can check and there is also the cut out for ac as well check the butterfly valve its a pain cause its under the dash but check to see if its working properly what could be happening is that when you switch over to heat its not engaging fully to kick on the blower motor

Old 10-14-2007, 02:26 PM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Another suggestion is the blower motor itself could be bad. I don't recall where the relay is for it, but its easy enough to hop a wire and see if it kicks on.

i also heard there was a cutoff switch on the a/c that cut the blower motor wen the freeon got low...i have 91 blazer i would appreciate the help...the winter is coming fast....
I'm not sure, but I think what you are thinking of is the cutoff that turns off the compressor at wide open throttle. HVACs are not really my thing though..

Old 10-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The HVAC blower has nothing to do with the operation of the A/C system in regards to low freon.

There is a blower motor resistor pack, not a relay. It's quite possible that the resistor pack has malfunctioned, but this is typically characterized by having high fan only... If the fan isn't working at all, I'd be checking fuses first, especially the HTR/AC fuse.

The resistor pack is located to the right hand side of the blower motor under the hood.

After checking fuses, I would pull the connector on the left of the fan motor on the firewall underhood. With the fan on high and the ignition in the run position, check for battery voltage to the purple wire. If you have +12v, then repeat the test again, only use the black wire in the plug for ground. If you have +12v in both instances, then the blower motor is bad. If you don't have +12V for both of these cases, then let us know and I can work down through the diagnostic steps further.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
wwwben is an unknown quantity at this point

in my 92 the wire on the blower motor on the passenger side under the hood was loose you could try that...

Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Allmightydietz is an unknown quantity at this point

i took the truck to one of my buddies who is an electric guy...i guess the theres a short in my dash somewhere cause the motor isnt getting power and ive changed everything....so instead of tearing out my dash he just fused the wires together....how he did it i dont know lol....but my heater works....thanks for the help though guys....