1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Hi im new to this forum, few problems with my S10 Blazer...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 06:03 PM
FrankAnthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi im new to this forum, few problems with my S10 Blazer...

Okay hi... First of all I have a 1994 S-10 Blazer 4x4x4... i have not really had any problems with it other then replacing the front brakes..... the first problem that i am having is that i keep getting antifreeze under the passenger floor mat, im guessing that has something to do with the heater??... secondly i was driving down the street yesterday to my the car wash and when i pulled back into my driveway i noticed a burning smell that SEEMS to be coming from the drivers side of the engine but i cant reallt exactly pinpoint it... i dont know if it has anything to do with any thing at all, probably not, but earlier in the day i had the front brakes and rotars replaced.. well if n e one has n e tips or advice i would greatly appreciate it, thanks
-Frank

Old 01-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member
Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Hi im new to this forum, few problems with my S10 Blazer...

Antifreeze in the passenger floorboard means that the Heater Core is leaking. It is located under the dash on that side. This is a common problem in late model Chevy's. It is a nice job to replace the core. You may have toremove the dash, or lift it up on the passenger side to replace the Heater Core. It is inside the plastic heater housing under the dash.

Old 01-07-2007, 06:54 PM
DINO55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Hi im new to this forum, few problems with my S10 Blazer...

Frank,
Antifreeze underyour passenger floor mat usually means it's time to replace the Heater Core...(Fun-Job)
On the burning smell, it could just be the protective oil coating burning off that they use on new rotors, Or it could be the brake caliper pins are sticking in the closed position, resulting in your new pads riding to your new rotors causing them to heat up and start burning from friction. An easy way to check for the sticking problem is to take the car for a little ride, bring it back, jack up the suspected front wheel and spin the tire, it shouldhave a very small amount ofresistance while moving. If it does not move freely, then bring it back to the shop that did the work and tell them the problem. Good luck and postback here with your fix or any questions...

Sorry Sparky, did'nt see your response while I was answering