1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Idle, SES, Power-Loss - Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Doran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Idle, SES, Power-Loss - Please help

Okay, rough idle isn't as bad as it was, but I got the ses on again for about 30 seconds last night while driving 45mph, not usually when it comes on. Gas mileage is significantly better as I keep turning miles and the guage isn't moving even half as quick as it did before the new o2 sensor, but I've got to check the code again to find what it's reading. I'm already expecting code 13, same that I got before, but maybe it'll be different. I might do it on lunch tonight, if not then tomorrow and I'll let you know what I find.

Also gonna see if my local autozone has a fuel pressure tester I can rent to test the pressure, seems that if it idles bad but any throttle fixes it then it's got to be a fuel problem somehow, also going to check the egr valve tomorrow ansd replace the screened gasket.

I checked the manual and it suggests for code 13 that either the o2 sensor or the tps is bad, and when I first got the truck it was codes 13 and 22 stored in there, I replaced the tps and that code went away, anything else I should check based on the code 13? I also checked the tbi for leaks with carb cleaner, nothing that I could tell.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Did you ever get around to doing the vacuum leak test around the base of the throttle body?

Old 04-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Doran is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I did, don't know if I did it right but the idle never went up and I soaked the base all around the throttle body.

Got code 22 out of the computer today, Throttle Position Sensor; Low Voltage

I just replaced it and the connector was in great condition as was the wire for as far as I could see it. Stumped on that one right now, can anything else cause that code with a new tps?

Old 01-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Beginning Member
Tdotblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]cvvvvvv[][][][][][][][][]