1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

need lots of help ..

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Beginning Member
pink63impala is on a distinguished road

thanks,. i pulled teh spider out and too it apart and cleaned it up real good, now i think its junk! before i put the 6 lines back into teh intake, i turned the fuel pump on and about 4 of them were squirting fuel. i guess the regulator is bad? might try it first its 50$ or couple 100s for the whole thing

Old 01-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The regulator would not cause the lines to leak.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Beginning Member

the wire in the front of my pic with the blue/pink wire is the one that run to the injector,.. i checked it with my voltmeter,and i was getting pulses of voltage across them when trying to crank the engine,so i assume im getting power to the injector?

wouldnt the regulator be stuck open cause the lines to squirt fuel out the ends?

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-20-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the EDIT function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply. Consecutive Posting is prohibited by the rules of the forum.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No. The only thing that would cause fuel to squirt out the ends of the poppet nozzles would be the electronic fuel injector being open or leaking.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Beginning Member

well hell...

i borrowed a fuel spider from the nieghbors truck. it acted like it wanted to start,but wouldnt. still starts up with a sqirt of starting fluid. . still gotta check the fuel pressure. it should be 60 and 55?

Old 01-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Beginning Member
f-ten is on a distinguished road

It should run between 55 and 60 and stay up there even after you shut the truck off. These engines also have a very bad habit of going through those spiders; I havent seen too many instances where changing just the fuel pressure regulator was a good long-term fix. Sometimes you even need the 2 plastic fuel lines (nut kit) that run to the spider. Could you post pics of inside the plenum?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Beginning Member

i can after dinner i guess..

im getting 60 psi fuel pressure as soon as i turn the pump on and it stays up there. drops to 55 when i cut it off.
now im not sure if the injector is firing. i guess i need to get a noid light? or any other way to check? im not getting fuel out of the spider now.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member

well i thought i was getting voltage,but i got a noid light and its not getting any voltage to the injector. is there any relays in between the ecm and the injector or anything else to check for?

just about ready to pull the intake and put a carb on it

Old 01-23-2010, 03:30 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Your voltage comes from the ECM 1 fuse through the H2 pin on the C100 bulkhead connector (it's a big one) and then comes off the S107 splice located "L/H top of engine, above rocker cover" and wire color is Pink/Black. No relays are shown on the wiring diagram, just the injector itself. If you ground the Dk Blu wire after you get voltage to the injector, you should hear it actuate. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 01-23-2010 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Beginning Member

is that under the driver side in the fuse box? the ecu 1 fuse isnt blown i checked last night. so i can find a pink/black wire from the bulk head were it comes out on the drivers side fender well? i should have some votage there? constant or pulse? the wire going to the inject ors are blue and pink,i should ground the blue wire ?you think maybe its not getting a good ground?

Quick Reply: need lots of help ..