1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

problem after fuel line nut/bolt replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Starting Member
bertrenolds has a little shameless behavior in the past
Default problem after fuel line nut/bolt replacement

I just replaced my fuel regulator and the car ran ok until it started bogging, I think it was a vacume leak. So I took off the manifold again to retorque it and check my threads and decided to replace the fuel line/nut bolt and then put everything back together. I try to start the can and it makes a decent firstattempt. Then on the second try the car sounds like something is stuck in the starter and the car shakes pretty back and really doesent attempt to start at all. It makes a kind of clunking sound.I am near positive nothing fell down the intake holes because I had them plugged with paper towles, and I'm pretty sure I dident leave any of the paper towles in there. I did blow in the egr and maybe a little spit got in there, I though I hear moisture in the egr is bad but I don't know if that caused the problem. God I hope I dident mess up my truck! It's a 4.3 cpi 1993 s10 blazer.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Starting Member
Default RE: problem after fuel line nut/bolt replacement

Alright, figured it out, pulled the intake off again and tons of fuel pooled inside the intakebecause I forgot to put the clip that holds the fuels lines onon. So tell me did I mess my truck up then? I think tons of fuel drained into the engine and now it won't even turn over! Pleez tell me I can change my oil to drain it or atleast take off the lower manifold and remove the excess fuel.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Starting Member

Please someone help me, the fuel line sliped out because I'm a dumb *** and forgot the clip that holds the fuel lines in tons of fuel spilled into the the intake manifold where the spyder is and now the car won't even turn over. Did I hydro lock my engine or do I just need to change my oil? What do I need to do to fix this, tear off the lower intake and drain the fuel?

And a word to the wise, dont forget to put the clip on that holds the fuel lines into the spyder, you'll be a dumb *** like me and mess your car up.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap man... No need to tripple post when the thread didn't even get pushed off the first page!

Drain your oil, pull your plugs, then put it all back together.

It is possible that you hydrolocked your engine, but the starter doesn't have enough power to do any damage. You pull the plugs to drain the fuel out. Change the oil to get all of the fuel contaminated oil out. Replace the oil filter and refill with oil. Before you put the intake back on, energize the fuel pump and check for leaks!