1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Running Rough

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
countryguy1713 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Running Rough

Ive pretty much done a full tune up on my 93 blazer with a 4.3 L V6

It was smelling really bad like unburnt gas coming from my exhaust so i took the spark plugs out and the 2 4 and 6th cylinder spark plugs were fouled (all on the left side) i cleaned them off and put them back in and it ran fine for about 5 minutes then it started running rough again so i took the plugs out and again they were fouled. I put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank but it doesnt seem to be working at all

Anyone got any ideas to what could be causing the plugs to foul so quickly...I think my injectors on that side are dirty or clogged but i dont know how i could clean them out without taking them out

Old 03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Running Rough

Have you tested the fuel pressure, specifically the leak down? Sounds to me like you have a fuel leak internal to the intake... On the CPI engine, one electronic injector feeds all 6 poppet nozzles. So all cylinders get equal fuel from the injection spider. The only other way to explain it would be a fuel leak prior to the electronic injector from either the fuel pressure regulator or the internal fuel lines. The FPR is a known weak point in the fuel delivery system on the CPI motors.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:52 PM
countryguy1713 is an unknown quantity at this point

But if there was an internal fuel leak wouldnt all 6 plugs be fouling instead of just 3 on one side of the motor

Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily. All depends on where the fuel is in the intake.

The only other possibility (and its out there) is that the other 3 poppet nozzles on feeding the other side of the engine are clogged.

The fuel pressure test will give you valuable information. Do that first and let us know.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Administrator

*Moving to 1st Gen Tech*

I think it would be best to consolidate a few posts together. I have closed your Rough idle thread and pointed to this thread in an effort to keep confusion and duplication of effort to a minimum.

I also think that your Check engine light thread pertains to this subject as well.